Transfer Controller configuration to UZB from Aeotech

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Ricard1

Transfer Controller configuration to UZB from Aeotech

Post by Ricard1 »

Hi, guess this is a question for @PlotoS :-)

I am on Domoticz but bought Z-Way license to unlock my UZB controller mainly for the possibility to make UZB Controller Backup inside Z-Way.
License upgrade went smooth no issues, however yesterday I then tried but failed to transfer my present Aeotech Gen5 stick config to my new UZB between two instances of Domoticz, like this; My production system --> temporary Domoticz install on a second computer, no luck. About 3 years ago I did the same action, very easy controller swap from RaZberry --> Aeotech Gen5.

Did my UZB license upgrade alter Z-Wave standard commands or functionality of the UZB so it is bricked from OZW point of view?
Or how do I migrate to the UZB from my present Aeotech Gen5 without starting over again - which I refuse!? ;)

Thank you!
PoltoS

Re: Transfer Controller configuration to UZB from Aeotech

Post by PoltoS »

There is a way to do it if Domoticz can save and restore the backup from Aeotec to UZB. Not sure about it. If this works, last thing will be to stransfer the security key (if you use security).
Ricard1

Post by Ricard1 »

Hello @PoltoS, there is a feature within Domoticz (OZW) to set One Controller to Transfer Configuration, and a Second Controller to Receive Configuration. However, I understand the controller itself holds the license level, not Zway software? If so I wonder if my UZB became "a tweaked ZWay-adapted, less compatible or non standard ZWave controller" after that I did upgrading the Zway license?

Thanks!
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

No, after applying the license it will be still 100% compatible with other controllers otoo
Ricard1

Post by Ricard1 »

Thanks, so I know! :)
michap

Post by michap »

Please tell us if it works - I have tried it some time (months) ago, it was not working in OZW to switch the configuration to other Domoticz / Stick.

If it will work, please tell us the right steps you have done (and Domoticz/OZW version) ;)

Thanks!
Michael