Z-Way App for Android

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
xurg

Z-Way App for Android

Post by xurg »

Any news regarding another update for the Android App? I cannot login anymore, so - as of now - the app is completely non-functional. Play reviews tell me I'm not alone with this. I know you've got a lot on your plates. However, App availability and status probably is one of the first things people will check when evaluating smart home solutions. If the vendor's own app is down to 2.8 stars I'm afraid people will simply stop looking. Suggestion: add a beta channel and publish some early access release there so people around here can help ironing out the bugs.
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
RaZberry ZW0500 1024/2 SDK: 6.82.01 API: 05.39
Z-Way version v4.1.0
PoltoS

Re: Z-Way App for Android

Post by PoltoS »

Hello! Thanks for your feedback about the app. And thanks not to rate one star and writing here instead ;)

We are working on releasing significant improvements. Indeed, there were three critical problems in the old Android app that we are fixing now. Hope next week it will be online. You should get an update from the store. Meanwhile you can use the beta version to help us chase your issue. Will send you the link in PM.
xurg

Post by xurg »

Just PM'ed you - I was too busy to check the forums and if I got it, I must have missed any mail notification. PM me again if you want me to check this. I would also recommend using an open beta test on Play, which will make it easier for you get early user feedback.
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
RaZberry ZW0500 1024/2 SDK: 6.82.01 API: 05.39
Z-Way version v4.1.0
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please check the new version
fez

Post by fez »

Nice and responsive right after install, but once the app has been closed, when reopening I get only a blank screen. I tried it on 2 different devices (phone + tablet).
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

@fez1 Could you please help us with this?

Once you are on blank screen, please go back to get in profiles list (or press Cancel on app load). Then go to +, tap 5 times on OR and then go back, choose the profile and reproduce your error. Once done, go back again, + and 5 taps on OR - please send the log to us.
fez

Post by fez »

I'll try that on the weekend.
z-wavettaja

Post by z-wavettaja »

I'm also suffering this issue. I pm'd you @PoltoS.
Raspi 4(Buster), Zwave Version 4.0.2 (7.28), Raz 7 Pro
Franz Winchester

Post by Franz Winchester »

For me the new app works, when it is set up (still not smoothly). But every time I start the app I have to enter my access data. So the app is still useless if you use save passwords. No matter if you use biometric access or not.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Franz Winchester: do you mean you see the login form from Z-Way? Can you send me the video?