Updating association

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
brianaker

Updating association

Post by brianaker »

Is there a simple way to have z-way-server refresh all devices associations?

I find that from time to time, maybe once or twice a year, that there is need to check the association information on all devices.

Thanks!
PoltoS

Re: Updating association

Post by PoltoS »

You can press Update from device button in Expert UI in Association tab. You can also use a single API command for this if you can do a bit of JS programming.

But why should they change if you have not altered them?
brianaker

Post by brianaker »

Why do they change?

This last time it was from a misbehaving Vera hub, which obviously not a typical condition.

Otherwise? I have seen scene controllers which have incorrectly manipulated associations, and there is at least one switch would also bump associations.

All of the devices that I can think of that exhibit this sort of behavior are older devices, I can't think of any device made in the last couple of years that will screw with associations.

Except for of course... Vera's hub, which doesn't exit a z-wave network correctly when it is a secondary hub. Vera's hub also does not always observe its setting to not Associate itself when configured to not associate.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Either some controller is setting them (like Vera) or it is a device bug (we have seen few in the past, but that was 7 years ago)