Homekit Gate and Device Tags

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
6ft6

Homekit Gate and Device Tags

Post by 6ft6 »

Hello,

Do device tags work with the Homekit Gate app? I have tagged binary sensors as type-motionsensor and it doesnt seem to work. Ive also tagged other types and no change.

My question is, are the following types supported in Homekit Gate?
Lightbulb, Switch, Outlet, ContactSensor, MotionSensor, LeakSensor, GarageDoor, Door, Window and WindowCovering? If so are the tag names case sensitive? Is there a specific format? I remember in Homebridge it being something like Homebridge.Service.Type:Outlet.

Best reagrds

6tf6
PoltoS

Re: Homekit Gate and Device Tags

Post by PoltoS »

In zway only two tags are supported for now: light and socket (mentioned in the description). Others are not yet supported but can be added. Please describe your situation in more details (what's device do you have and what type do you want it to be instead of the default) and we check it.

You can also extend our module yourself and suggest your changes
6ft6

Post by 6ft6 »

Thank you for the reply PoltoS.

Ive got Ecolink PIR motion sensors. I looked at the /opt/z-way-server/automation/modules/HomeKitGate/index.js file and this is what I want to change to reflect as a motions sensor and not as a contact sensor in Homekit. Im not sure what to modify to.
}
else if (deviceType === "sensorBinary") {
var service;
if (vDev.get("metrics:probeTitle") === "Motion") {
service = accessory.addService(HomeKit.Services.MotionSensor, "Motion Sensor");
// Contact Sensor Characteristic
m.level = service.addCharacteristic(HomeKit.Characteristics.MotionDetected, "uint8", {
get: function() { return vDev.get("metrics:level") === "on"; }
});
}
else {
service = accessory.addService(HomeKit.Services.ContactSensor, "Binary Sensor");
// Contact Sensor Characteristic
m.level = service.addCharacteristic(HomeKit.Characteristics.ContactSensorState, "uint8", {
get: function() { return vDev.get("metrics:level") === "on"; }
});
}
// Add Name
service.addCharacteristic(HomeKit.Characteristics.Name, "string", vDev.get("metrics:title"));

//serviceContactSensor.addCharacteristic(HomeKit.Characteristics.StatusLowBattery, ["pr", "ev"], "uint8", "Status Low Battery", 0);

Also it seems the plugin only supports light and fan not light and socket? In the description it said "light" and "fun" but i guess that shouldve been "fan"

var type = HomeKit.Services.Switch;
if (vDev.get("tags").indexOf("type-light") !== -1) type = HomeKit.Services.Lightbulb;
if (vDev.get("tags").indexOf("type-fan") !== -1) type = HomeKit.Services.Fan;

Any assistance would be appreciated.
JesperHolm

Post by JesperHolm »

Sorry for being a new-bee here.

i have previously been using z-way to bridge my danalock v3 to the Apple Homekit system, and after my last update to the Z-way raspberry server homekit doesnt work anymore.

I can easily control the doorlock from the Z-way server itself, but when paired with homekit it doesnt work inside homekit - but still works on the Z-way server.

from reading above, the doorlock type in HomeKit Gate is not supported anymore?

if it is supported - what do i need to do?
i tried to add the type-light etc to the device in z-way - but it still shows up as doorlock in appele Homekit.

regards.
Jesper
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Looks like a bug we already fixes for next release. Please try this pre-release to confirm of all ok: https://storage.z-wave.me/z-way-server/ ... _armhf.deb
LenMaroko

Post by LenMaroko »

Also suffers from this problem in the 3.1.4 release, but a bit different. After a change in the App Apple HomeKit Gate 2.2 and a reboot I get a mess of my connected devices in the Home app. Sometimes something is lost!

Managed to upgrade to 3.2.0
Had to reinstall my HeatIT TRM3 thermostat.

But a removed device, such as the removed Thermostat above still shows up as a ghost in the Home App as not supported 😩 but appears as new when reinstalled (together with the ghost).

ZWay no longer visible in Bridges and Hubs 🥺

OOOOPS
After removing Zway from Home app - its not found again when I try to add it again 🤯
Changed the name of how it appears in HomeKit - now its visible again but not as a hub or gateway.