Node 63:0 CC Security: secure channel not established by primary controller - skipping security

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
ctrlbreak

Node 63:0 CC Security: secure channel not established by primary controller - skipping security

Post by ctrlbreak »

I'm not sure what happened here. My Zway RPi didnt come back after a power failure... so I've been rebuilding (on a new SD Card) from backups I took religiously.

For reasons that aren't clear to me, my one "Secure" device didn't return to functionality (A Linear NGD00Z garage door opener).

I've spent the last 7 hours troubleshooting this, and;

- Upgrading the bootloader and FW on the RaZberry...
- Upgrading the installation of Zway
- Excluding / Reincluding the device.
- Manually Resetting the device...
- Drinking and yelling at it.

I'm finally into the z-way server logs and seeing the following:

How is this remedied? I mean, this WAS functioning on the RazBerry itself before... how has this been lost? Is it a key that I could perhaps recover from my failed SD Card? Is that where its stored?
PoltoS

Re: Node 63:0 CC Security: secure channel not established by primary controller - skipping security

Post by PoltoS »

The key was stored in confgi/zddx/..../xml
ctrlbreak

Re: Node 63:0 CC Security: secure channel not established by primary controller - skipping security

Post by ctrlbreak »

Okay. I think I may actually be able to retrieve that file. Is there a way I can simply pluck the needed security information out, or is it safe to just... copy this XML file over, given that I've made other changes while trying to repair my network?

Thanks, btw.
ctrlbreak

Post by ctrlbreak »

I believe I have found my issue. My primary controller *is* NODE 25, as it basically took over from a legacy network many many years ago. For reasons that aren't clear my "secureControllerId" value was pointing at node 0.

https://imgur.com/a/Aeg9Lm8

I stopped z-way-server... updated this to reflect NODE 25, restarted, and it appears I've been able to successfully include my secure device now!
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

secureControllerId is valid only on own device - check zway.controller.data.nodeId and then check this device
ctrlbreak

Post by ctrlbreak »

I don't quite follow. As I mentioned, NODE 25 *is* my primary controller.

https://imgur.com/a/ExQ8Fon
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

If it took over the primary role, network keys were not provided to it and it should pretend to be the primary. But shifting controllers is a bit gray zone and it is not well defined how to transfer keys in this situation.

Set this value to 25 and check if it will become better. /JS/Run/zway.devices[25].data.secureControllerId=25