zway installation into openwrt raspberry

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
arpanetitaliasrl

zway installation into openwrt raspberry

Post by arpanetitaliasrl »

hi, I looked for instructions into the forum on how to install zway in a raspberry running openwrt 19
I have only found .deb package but openwrt cannot install it with its own package manager opkg it returns an error 'malformed package'
so I think that the only possible way to achieve that is installing debootstrap package into openwrt, adding a USB storage and the making a debian CHROOT parallel to openwrt and then install packages on it such as zway.

is there another way?
PoltoS

Re: zway installation into openwrt raspberry

Post by PoltoS »

I don't think it will work as OpenWRT might use different set of libraries especially libc/glib/uClibc. I think it requires a special compilation. But this is the first time I ever hear about installing OpenWRT on the Pi. Why not Raspberry OS (Debian-like)?
arpanetitaliasrl

PoltoS wrote:
14 May 2021 04:12
I don't think it will work as OpenWRT might use different set of libraries especially libc/glib/uClibc. I think it requires a special compilation. But this is the first time I ever hear about installing OpenWRT on the Pi. Why not Raspberry OS (Debian-like)?
because we want to use the raspberry as automation hub and wireless router at same time. So I wanted to try openwrt sd into sd card and zway into usb drive as debian chroot

I successfully installed debian chroot but I cannot install zway.deb package :(

If I don't use openwrt for the router scope, what else can I use?

Thanks
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Is it for your own or you plan to make a product? We do customization for business customers
arpanetitaliasrl

PoltoS wrote:
16 May 2021 02:07
Is it for your own or you plan to make a product? We do customization for business customers
it's for my company. We want to make a custom product and sell it to Italy.
where we can talk about it?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please write me on ps (at) z-wave.me