Can't get the UZB to work, will work in openHab3

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
kellyjelly34

Can't get the UZB to work, will work in openHab3

Post by kellyjelly34 »

Hi,
my old trusty Vera Lite died a few days ago in my remote location. I look for a new Z-wave controller now, testing different ones in a demo. Long story short, I can't seem to get the UZB to work in Zway. I tried the pre-build images, different sd cards, Raspi 4, Raspi 1B+, a fresh buster with zway install via the usual command, I tried connecting the UZB before power, after power,... I see the UZB at /dev/ttyACM0 ... But whatever I do in the settings of the Zway "Z-Wave Network Access" app, the UZB won't be recognized, I have set the port to "/dev/ttyACM0". In expert mode, controller details, shows mostly blank...

In openHab3 on the same Raspberry 4 (different system image) the UZB works and I can control my demo setup. Is Zway not happy that the UZB has a network key and devices associated already to it? Homeassistant also works normally.

Is there something I am missing with the Zway setup?

//removed attachments, not relevant
Last edited by kellyjelly34 on 17 May 2021 23:12, edited 1 time in total.
kellyjelly34

Re: Can't get the UZB to work, will work in openHab3

Post by kellyjelly34 »

Hi,
can it be zway doesn't like the old-school UZB with FW 5.00? At least that's apparently the one I have, you guys probably can confirm from the screenshot attached?
Attachments
UZB Version 05 00 VENDOR 01 15
UZB Version 05 00 VENDOR 01 15
Oldschool UZB FW 5.00.png (16.13 KiB) Viewed 3120 times
kellyjelly34

Post by kellyjelly34 »

Tried upgrading FW and/or bootloader, no luck. It´s doing something but won´t go through in the end. I can "readnvm" but not much else. The -c argument from the "manual" seems to be invalid, so can´t reset the UZB either.
kellyjelly34

Post by kellyjelly34 »

With the proper commands, I was able to flash the 5.02 firmware manually. The published manual on the website is complete crap. After the update of the FW to 5.02 (successful, see comand below), the UZB shows up in Zway expert mode with all it´s details. From there I updated further to 5.06 which seems to be the maximum for this HW revision. Changed frequency to EU also via "expert mode". Attached now my status for the UZB.

Code: Select all

./ZMESerialUpdater serialapi_firmware -d /dev/ttyACM0 firmware_UZB_from_05_00_to_05_02.bin
Note to the team: Update your f****** manuals!
Attachments
Success!
Success!
UZB updated.png (34.28 KiB) Viewed 3116 times
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Hey, you are upgrading a 7 years old device! The manual is made for pretty modern devices ;) You had to update 5 years ago when the manual was up to date for 5.00-5.07 ;)

We will check it and try to make a corresponding note in our online manual