Primary and Secondary Gateways - Can I assign both to Association Group 1 (Lifeline)?

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
sofakng

Primary and Secondary Gateways - Can I assign both to Association Group 1 (Lifeline)?

Post by sofakng »

If I have a primary and secondary gateway, can I have both gateways receive device updates?

For example, the GE/Jasco 55258 Fan Controller supports up to 5 nodes in Association Group 1 (Lifeline).

Can I set both my primary and secondary gateway to Group 1 to receive updates from the switch? Is this the correct way to have multiple gateways receive status updates?
PoltoS

Re: Primary and Secondary Gateways - Can I assign both to Association Group 1 (Lifeline)?

Post by PoltoS »

Correct!

Unfortunatelly some devices can host only up to 1 device in the Life Line group (#1). But in your case it is 5 - you are on the safe side
sofakng

Re: Primary and Secondary Gateways - Can I assign both to Association Group 1 (Lifeline)?

Post by sofakng »

Thanks so much for the help!

I've successfully associated group gateways to Group 1 (Lifeline) and if I physically press the button, both gateways receive the status update.

However, if I use either gateway to remotely control the switch, the other gateway doesn't get updated.

Is this normal?
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

sofakng wrote:
23 Jun 2021 04:32
Thanks so much for the help!

I've successfully associated group gateways to Group 1 (Lifeline) and if I physically press the button, both gateways receive the status update.

However, if I use either gateway to remotely control the switch, the other gateway doesn't get updated.

Is this normal?
Yes, Jasco doesn't send updates when it is remotely controlled. It sends an update when it is locally controlled. They also don't provide firmware updates; so even if they decided to fix this issue (been there for many years) then it wouldn't help you since they don't offer updates.

So you would need to figure out a way to have both gateways perform a period update check to the Jasco devices so they are in sync. How often would depend on what the gateway can be configured for and how busy your z-wave network is.