Possible to use UZB as Zniffer in Windows?

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
sofakng

Possible to use UZB as Zniffer in Windows?

Post by sofakng »

Is it possible to use the UZB (or RaZberry + USB Serial Adapter) with the Silicon Labs Zniffer?

I'm looking for a simple way to sniff Z-Wave traffic on my Windows PC (without installing a lot of software, etc).

I've tried to use the UZB but the Zniffer doesn't recognize it. (I think it needs special firmware?)
PoltoS

Re: Possible to use UZB as Zniffer in Windows?

Post by PoltoS »

No, it is not. The built-in sniffer in the UZB/RaZberry is not a compleate Zniffer like SiLabs. The difference is that it uses another format to report frames, it provides only OWN network packets and only decoded frames. A true Zniffer also shows CRC errors and foreign packets. Beside that there are no real difference.
lanbrown

Re: Possible to use UZB as Zniffer in Windows?

Post by lanbrown »

sofakng wrote:
22 Jun 2021 23:46
Is it possible to use the UZB (or RaZberry + USB Serial Adapter) with the Silicon Labs Zniffer?

I'm looking for a simple way to sniff Z-Wave traffic on my Windows PC (without installing a lot of software, etc).

I've tried to use the UZB but the Zniffer doesn't recognize it. (I think it needs special firmware?)

Have you looked at the Z-Wave ToolBox - ZWP-TBX product? Since it has a web based interface, it doesn't matter what device you use to access it since you're using just a browser.