Upgrade from 3.1.4 to 3.2.1. Something special to be considered if Raspberry boots from SSD not work.

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
RolfKunkel

Upgrade from 3.1.4 to 3.2.1. Something special to be considered if Raspberry boots from SSD not work.

Post by RolfKunkel »

Today I tried to upgraded from 3.1.4 to 3.2.1 via the Settings menu. The system gave me a reply that the update was successful (Upgrading successfully finished) but the new firmware version did not become visible. The update menu still tells me that I am on 3.1.4.

A ZWAY RESTART did not help. Is it necessary to power off/ on the Raspberry to bring 3.2.1 up and running or is something special needed because my Raspberry boots from a SSD and not from a SD-Card.

Any hint that helps is appreciated.
PoltoS

Re: Upgrade from 3.1.4 to 3.2.1. Something special to be considered if Raspberry boots from SSD not work.

Post by PoltoS »

Please try it manually and check for errors in the log:

Code: Select all

wget -q -O - https://storage.z-wave.me/RaspbianInstall | sudo bash
RolfKunkel

Re: Upgrade from 3.1.4 to 3.2.1. Something special to be considered if Raspberry boots from SSD not work.

Post by RolfKunkel »

I was able to Upgrade to 3.2.2. Since I did not change something on my side it seems there is something different between V3.1.4 and V3.2.2 that solved my upgrade problem.