Un-pairing and Re-pairing Intermatic CA3000 Switch

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
LiteMeUp

Un-pairing and Re-pairing Intermatic CA3000 Switch

Post by LiteMeUp »

For connection to a network, instructions that came with the switch refer to Intermatic's "InTouch Installer and Users Guide (158CA12789). Can't find it anywhere. Unpaired the switch from my previous network, but can't figure out how to add to new one. Thanks.
enbemokel

Re: Un-pairing and Re-pairing Intermatic CA3000 Switch

Post by enbemokel »

Did you just try clicking the buttons 3 times in a second? Or some other click combinations?
Like other z-wave devices.
LiteMeUp

Post by LiteMeUp »

Thank-you for the suggestion, enbemokel. I tried this, but found no joy. I'll guess it's because while I did at least manage to delete these switches from my previous network, I don't know how to reset them, so I'm guessing I've got to figure that step out first. Or maybe just pitch them and by new ones and keep ALL the %@$* instructions this time.
insiorc

Post by insiorc »

LiteMeUp wrote:
19 Oct 2021 06:22
and keep ALL the %@$* instructions this time.
If you need manuals you could try looking for your item in this list from the zwave alliance https://products.z-wavealliance.org/reg ... categories

I've always found the manuals either there or with a general web search.
Rpi4 2Gb, Z-Way 3.2.2, UZB 5.39
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

https://github.com/openhab/org.openhab. ... 000_0_0.md

Also found this:
>I’m referring to the case where a device only supports low-power inclusion mode
>(like the Intermatic CA600, CA3000, and CA5100 devices).
>The devices can only be paired when the controller is within a few inches of the device.

Maybe it helps. Or, you may try to us an z-wave sniffer and see if any action on the CA3000 will cause packets send.
sonalford

Post by sonalford »

Have you tried pressing the buttons three times in a second? Or a different set of clicks? In the same way as other z-wave devices. super mario bros