Infinity is a number between 2 and 15.

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
JaapK

Infinity is a number between 2 and 15.

Post by JaapK »

Hi,

I have been using Z-wave Me for about two years now, it's running on a Raspberry Pi 3 with a Razberry RF interface. With some trial and error I got most things working as expected but for one thing.
I use an ipad and the web UI to control some 30 Fibaro and Qubino modules to control the lights.
The web UI is protected by a username and password dialog that will let me remain logged in for 7 days.
Because I'm lazy, and do not want to enter a username and password just to switch on the lights, I changed the lifetime of the sessiontoken. The Lifetime box in the Active Sessions table on the My Settings page shown an infinity symbol.
It turns out that infinity means a number between 2 and, say, 15 because after this random number of days i'm presented with the log in screen again.
Nothing critical but rather annoying.

Both the Raspberry and the ipad have fixed IP addresses and MAC addresses.
The firmware is v3.1.4 and the UI version reported on the Info page is 1.13.1.
It does not seem to be a common problem: no relevant matches in the search results. That suggests that I have misconfigured something on the Raspberry.
If only I knew what. :D

Jaap
PoltoS

Re: Infinity is a number between 2 and 15.

Post by PoltoS »

Removing the lifetime on a token means Z-Way will not delete it. But it can still be deleted by Z-Way on an explicit logout press.

Also check that once you get logged out after 2-15 days the token is still present in Z-Way settings. If it is, means the browser cleaned cookies. Does it happen on all browsers or just on the iPad?

Why not to use the Z-Wave.Me app? It solves this issue
JaapK

Post by JaapK »

I'm not logging out manually. If only the solution would be that easy. :)

The Active Session table still shows previous sessions: 12 entries in total for three devices.
I checked the browser settings in Safari for the iPad and the iPhone, and in Firefox for the iMac. I see no settings that would cause automatic deletion of cookies. My settings are rather standard.
I manually removed 4.5 MB of cookies from the iPad, and 7.9 MB from the iPhone to see what happens. I suppose i'll have to give that some time before i can say if that worked.
Firefox does not report the total size, but shows 10 cookies from the Z-wave.me server.

I installed the app a couple of months ago on both the iPad and the iPhone. When i start them they just show the opening screen and then close again.
Since the web UI (except for the unexpected log outs) works for me i haven't put any effort in trying to solve that.

Thanks for your time!

Edit: I just had to log in anew less than 24 hours after my last log in. Manually removing cookies from the device apparently did not solve anything.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Well, since we are talking about iPad, where you can not see any logs and no debug console in browser, I would suggest you to use Wireshark or tcpdump on the Raspberry to see if the session is sent and what is sent on logout. I fear it deletes the cookie or may be there is some default lifetime for a cookie.

About the app, if you give it a try and it crashes, please send me the time so we catch your crash in the crash analytics