No valid UUID set

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
mmpm

Re: No valid UUID set

Post by mmpm »

Did a complete reinstall of zway with the official z-way image, patched files before the first boot, restored the network backup in zway expert ui, created a new user, logged in as the new user, copied the token: still no luck.

Don't know how the uuid is generated, already tried to change the network name and ip. Still no luck.

Any ideas? Very frustrating, because I just moved back to zway in the hope, that the hassio integration works. Took me about a day to migrate all devices from hassio zwave js to zway...
mmpm

Post by mmpm »

Ok, now it works. Nobody mentioned to put the Portnumber right behind the IP. This should be in the documentation... :D

So the ingredients are:
IP adress: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8083
Token: /XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
michap

Post by michap »

mmpm wrote:
18 Mar 2022 12:27
Did a complete reinstall of zway with the official z-way image, patched files before the first boot, restored the network backup in zway expert ui, created a new user, logged in as the new user, copied the token: still no luck.

Don't know how the uuid is generated, already tried to change the network name and ip. Still no luck.

Any ideas? Very frustrating, because I just moved back to zway in the hope, that the hassio integration works. Took me about a day to migrate all devices from hassio zwave js to zway...
See above post: https://forum.z-wave.me/viewtopic.php?p=93527#p93527
New patched version is needed.
nic_rt

Post by nic_rt »

Hi there,
the patch worked for me (just replacing the files an restarting z-way server). :D
Many thanks
Nick

Raspberry + Razberry + FGS221 x 4 + FGRM 222 + Aeon Labs Micro Motor Controller + FGK 101 + Z-Wave Aeotec Smart Plug-in Switch GEN5 + Minimote + Aeotec KeyFob + Greenwave Smart Power Node x 2
string_656

Post by string_656 »

Hi All,

This is probably a very very trivial question, however, can you please confirm that you need your "zway" server running on a separate RPi (with the Razberry hat) to use the hass integration? You then use homeassistant on another RPI and point the Zwave.Me integration to the Zway host IP address?

Or... is the Zway "server" actually running on the Raspberry Chip, connected to the same RPi.. I suspect it's the former, but it is not obvious to me...

Thanks
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Both are possible. You can run Z-Way on the same Pi as HA or on another one. Of course the RaZberry 7 is to be connected to the Pi with Z-Way running.
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

It would also depend on what RPi you're talking about. My Home Assistant install uses about 512MB of memory and the Z-Way one is using about 256MB.

In my case Home Assistant is a VM with 4GB of RAM. Z-Way is running on a RPi 4 8GB model. I do have more Z-Wave devices to add in to Z-Way and I have some more integrations to enable in Home Assistant. So it really depends on what RPi model you use and what you plan on doing. I also have five RPi for Z-Way; each with a Razberry 7 Pro board; they all then feed into a sixth RPi that Home Assistant communicates with.
rob67

Post by rob67 »

How do I apply the patch on my rpi?
michap

Post by michap »

with current HA installation and actual Z-Way version it should work without patch.
KillWaas

Post by KillWaas »

I've tried to get in contact with support, but no answer. Got the same issue with the no valid UUID set on HA. Could someone please provide an info whether replacing the provided "patch" files is the right thing to do or not?