Do what you can to stop the war

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
HoferSackal

Do what you can to stop the war

Post by HoferSackal »

Dear Russian Z-Wave.me-team,

Please do what you can to stop the fucking war.
Why the hell is Russia attacking Ukraine…? Why the hell is fighting necessary?

Regards,
Michael
PoltoS

Re: Do what you can to stop the war

Post by PoltoS »

We (the whole Z-Wave.Me team) are against the war, we never voted for it and for the people who started the war. Many of us do have relatives in Ukraine. We do our best to stop it and minimize the subsequence for both sides.

Please let's not fall in the political discussion here. This is a technical forum.
PerH

Post by PerH »

I just want express my sympathy to the millions of russians that never wanted this situation, but still are bound to bear this stigma just for being from russia. Lets hope the situation is resolved as soon as possible.
xurg

Post by xurg »

PoltoS wrote:
03 Mar 2022 02:55
We (the whole Z-Wave.Me team) are against the war, we never voted for it and for the people who started the war. Many of us do have relatives in Ukraine. We do our best to stop it and minimize the subsequence for both sides.
I appreciate your making this clear statement and I do hope you still stand by it. However, I have to admit I am quite ambivalent as to whether your software is still trustable. Is there any guarantees you can give us about your processes, internal/external QA that can provide at least some level of confidence that z-wave.me isn't compromised? I am decidedly not going into the politics itself - my hope would be that all of us share more or less the same views. I'm also not trolling. This is really about whether we can still trust the downloads.
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
RaZberry ZW0500 1024/2 SDK: 6.82.01 API: 05.39
Z-Way version v4.1.0
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Compromised?!? Do you mean you are afraid of the famous KGB major that is not even capable to foresee how things will turn out in the neighboring country?

I can assure you, that we are far from the evil government, our servers are mostly in Europe and we already moved most of our critical assets out of Russia to Switzerland.

Additionally, a big portion of our code is open source (check our github). The whole part dealing with HTTP API and looking in the Internet is open source. so you can be sure about what it does.

We value a lot your confidence and privacy!
xurg

Post by xurg »

Thanks once more for your strong and unambiguos words.
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
RaZberry ZW0500 1024/2 SDK: 6.82.01 API: 05.39
Z-Way version v4.1.0
Steve_Elves

Post by Steve_Elves »

One must not blame all Russians for the actions of a few powerful despots. That is how pogroms get started, and we have plenty of history to teach us how bad that can be.
alexis92

Post by alexis92 »

Agreed. My fiance is from Russia and she wouldn't hurt a fly. Occasions like this remind me of the power of love over war and hatred. I hope all those afflicted in Ukraine find peace and the warmongers who caused this tragedy are stripped of their power.
Fantini Dzherardo

Post by Fantini Dzherardo »

Just noticed this discussion... How do you think the current situation will end?