Power meter disappeared from Qubino device

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
roger

Power meter disappeared from Qubino device

Post by roger »

I have just realised that the power meter has disappeared from one Qubino Flush 1 relay unit.
It still there in the root device, but not for endpoint 1 (the relay output), and I dont want using the meters in the root devices because I dont get them update properly in the Qubino devices.

In endpoint 1 the interview for the meter class only detecting the energy meter, not the power meter, so the interview failed for some reason but the progress bar goes to 100% and was green.
I have done some force interviews, but it give the same result every time.

The history in Influxdb/grafana tells me that the values disappeared 7 april, when I start using my new controller with razberry 7 pro and the latest z-way version.
Before that date I use Razberry 2 with a pretty old z-way version.
lanbrown

Re: Power meter disappeared from Qubino device

Post by lanbrown »

Are you using the latest firmware on the Razberry 7 Pro? Also, are you using encryption with the Qubino device? I have found in the two that I have that if you use encryption you have issues. I can use encryption in other devices just not the Qubino. They will work initially but eventually start having issues and will go to a failed state.

I do believe that Qubino has a new firmware release but you have to send it to them to flash, no OTA. I had a specific need for the two that I have. Without that specific need I would not have bought them. I have no other Qubino devices just because of their policy not to offer OTA. Their reasoning is antiquated which is many controllers don't support it. While that was true, that is no longer the case. Aeotec for example worked around that by offing utilities to upgrade the firmware. It wasn't ideal as you would either need to exclude or include or in the case of having a USB stick controller, you could just shut your Z-Wave network down, move the stick to a Windows computer and upgrade that way. Now Aeotec is sticking by their method which doesn't help us that that controller/software (like Z-way) can upgrade devices directly. For this reason Aeotec devices won't be used going forward when I need to put new or replace older devices.
roger

Post by roger »

I have the latest firmware, and dont use encryption (just because many problems with that in my early beginning with z-wave).

That unit was one of the first nodes I include in my network and it have worked fine for maybe 6-7 years, but it have of course an old firmware that maybe not working with the stricter interviews in the newer versions of z-way.

But when I know that the meter function is there and are functional in the node but not recognised in the interview, is it any way to tell z-way that it is there as a manual operation (like the function to manually bypass the interview as complete when it have ended up with errors)?
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

Yes, for example, if the version wouldn't complete it can be marked as true with the following command:

The [6] is for device 6 and sets the version to true on Z-Way interview process.

http://Z-WayIP:8083/JS/Run/zway.devices[6].Version.data.interviewDone=true