Home Assistant Integration - removing devices

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
lanbrown

Home Assistant Integration - removing devices

Post by lanbrown »

If you have a Z-Wave device managed under Z-Way, the device gets created in Home Assistant with integration. If you delete a Z-Wave device under Z-Way, it still shows up in Home Assistant. Besides just disabling the device in Home Assistant, what is the best way to cleanup old devices from Z-Way in Home Assistant?
Kepex

Re: Home Assistant Integration - removing devices

Post by Kepex »

I want to know that too, I cannot delete it from my list and I still do not know how to do it
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We are working on it now. The next release will handle it.
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

Just checking if there is an update to this? Deleting devices from core.config_entries is not an ideal solution as the file is quite large and needs to be properly formatted.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

It is in work
mango

Post by mango »

following
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

In the interim I'm using a YAML editing tool. You need to be careful when editing YAML as it needs to be properly formatted. Remove one extra character or leave an extra character in and it will cause issues. The editor makes it simple to expand or collapse. Then I just use the preview for that node to see if it is something I want to remove or not. Then removing it is just hitting the delete key and it removes everything in that node.

This obviously won't help Windows or Linux people, but I'm using an App called Power YAML editor. It was $3.99 but it will save a lot of time and make it easy to delete what I don't want.