Scan QR for Smart Start on Android and iOS

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
nandog80

Scan QR for Smart Start on Android and iOS

Post by nandog80 »

Hello, I have a problem with the Smart Start scan of QR codes: I have a Samsung S10+ with Android 12 and an iPhone 7 with iOS 15.5. With both phones I get the error "video_not_supported_smart_start", but in the Android version the "cam zone" is not visible, while in the iOS there is a gray square with a balck rectangle without any image.
I have cheched for both apps that the permission to use the app are present. I have removed and reinstalled both apps various times, with the same result.
I have tried with two different gateways, one with version v3.2.3 and one with version v3.2.1 with the same result.
Could someone please point me in a direction to solve this strange problem?
Thank you!
PoltoS

Re: Scan QR for Smart Start on Android and iOS

Post by PoltoS »

Please try to disable the WiFi and use the remote access (if it is configured). It should fix the issue.
nandog80

Post by nandog80 »

I have just tried that on both phones, same problem on the iPhone, in the Android app the error is now "The webcam is disabled or unavailable, turn on the webcam to scan the QR code". The fact is that I have just used the webcam to scan the QR code to associate the Z-way box to the phone, so the cam is on and the authorization are OK, otherwise I should not have been able to scan the code, right?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

the QR-code scanning after login is not same as to associate the hub. We will check if we can fix it, but basically using non-local access (without WiFi) should fix it.
nandog80

Post by nandog80 »

I have made some other tests and using the browser directy to access the gateway using find.z-way.me and the camera works, on Android, iOS and PC Windows, but inside the app it does not work. I have tried also on a tablet Samsung 10" with Android 8.1.0, but unfortunately I have the same problems with the app and no problem with the browser. The browser ask permission to access the cam and then it works.
I hope this can help identifiy the problem. If I can help please let me know.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please make sure the app has a globe icon on the bottom and not the home icon. If home, please switch off the Wi-Fi. It should work after that. If it dies not, I would suggest to wait for the next version and re-test - we are making changes in this part.
nandog80

Post by nandog80 »

I have checked and it has the globe icon on the bottom (I am currently not in the same building so I can reach the gateway only trought Internet). I will wait for the new version, thank you!