Two problems - Can't remove device and "Could not complete operation." error.

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
zama36

Two problems - Can't remove device and "Could not complete operation." error.

Post by zama36 »

Last year I submitted the following post.

https://forum.z-wave.me/viewtopic.php?t=34778

Because of my delay in responding that post was essentially used to troubleshoot phantom devices causing issues with the HomeKit Gate app. While that issue was similar in terms of error messages, my devices are still present. I essentially left things as is since I couldn't figure it out and got busy with other things.

Fast forward to today. After one of my Jasco switches started freaking out. Namely, it would not properly turn on or off when controlled from either Home app or the Z-wave Me web interface. Essentially the lights would flash on and off as if a ghost were having fun. I removed the switch and replaced it.

First problem, I cannot remove the device from the ZWay server configuration. When clicking the garbage button from the manage devices screen, the "remove" button is greyed out.

Second problem, when using the Apple HomeKit Gate App to add the hub to the Home app on my iPhone I am presented again with the "Could not complete operation" error. This time around troubleshooting I completely deleted the Apple HomeKit Gate App, and reinstalled it. I remember reading something that said you had to change the name of the hub otherwise things could on the iOS side could hang. Anyways, re-added the hub to the Home App but this time around it is not the Z-wave outlet that is throwing the error but a completely different device - a Jasco dimmer switch that was working correctly. Interestingly enough, the outlet now works perfectly fine. Which makes me think that this has to be a configuration issue in the way the Apple HomeKit App is setting up the device information for the iOS Home app.

Does someone have an idea what could be happening or point me towards documentation regarding how the configuration files should be set on the server?

Thank you!!!
lanbrown

Re: Two problems - Can't remove device and "Could not complete operation." error.

Post by lanbrown »

zama36 wrote:
15 Aug 2022 03:19
Last year I submitted the following post.

https://forum.z-wave.me/viewtopic.php?t=34778

First problem, I cannot remove the device from the ZWay server configuration. When clicking the garbage button from the manage devices screen, the "remove" button is greyed out.
Have you used the expert interface and mark the device as failed? Then you should be able to delete it.

The issue you experienced with that Jasco switch is a known issue with them. I have replaced over 50 Jasco switches as over 30 of them had failed. I replaced the rest as it was only a matter of time before they failed. True story, I turned the breaker off to replace a dead Jasco, replaced it and when I turned the breaker back on, another Jasco switch on that breaker died. I will never buy another Jasco device again. For the money, they aren't worth it. You have other manufacturers at the same price point and they have far more features. They also provide firmware updates which Jasco does not do.
StephenHawkins

Re: Two problems - Can't remove device and "Could not complete operation." error.

Post by StephenHawkins »

I gave up Jasco and switched to another manufacturer before that, when my Jasco switches broke down almost completely.
zama36

Post by zama36 »

lanbrown wrote:
15 Aug 2022 04:40

Have you used the expert interface and mark the device as failed? Then you should be able to delete it.
Thanks for the response. In the ExpertUI, there is no drop down list next to the remove button as there is for the battery controlled devices on the Network Control page. Am I looking in the correct area?
Thanks.
himac

Post by himac »

Device Failed

Z-Way can’t connect to this device anymore. This means that the device is

not powered: Repower it!
moved to a position outside the wireless network coverage. Move the device back within the wireless range of the network.
damaged. Remove or Replace the device using the function in the network management tab.
lp2067

Post by lp2067 »

Remove device is impossible if not marked as 'dead'. How to force marking mains powered devices as 'dead'?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Just try to control or ping it. After few attempts it will be marked as a failed node.
lp2067

Post by lp2067 »

No way! Your Z-Uno is immortal - even without power job queue says about it: Check if node is failed -> Node is operating!
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Make sure packets are sent out to the node. And also check that you are on the 7.28 RaZberry 7 firmware