Connection lost to Z-Wave device ID: XX

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
harre

Connection lost to Z-Wave device ID: XX

Post by harre »

I get the mails regarding connection lost.

What is the logic to get the mails? It seems it just trigger too happily. When I enter the expert GUI, I see that the node is indeed having some problems but the link is up again.

Is it possible to get a configurable fail-count or something to quantify the issues so I only get the mails when last 10 responses was lost.

Also, I have quite alot of devices and just having the number of the failed device is not so helpful unless I remember the nodeid. Is it possible to get the label in the mail?
PoltoS

Re: Connection lost to Z-Wave device ID: XX

Post by PoltoS »

The name will be added starting from the next version. The message is sent on two subsequent failures.
harre

Post by harre »

How do I disable or increase failure count for a specific device? I get spam-mailed now once per 10 minutes for a device I have some issues with spotty signal.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

You can check it in the code of Z-Wave binding: in line https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/home-autom ... x.js#L3927
harre

Post by harre »

Thanks, i have changed it now for me. But where do I find the option to ignore the notification? I cannot find it in the GUI
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

I think those can't be ignored in the UI.
harre

Post by harre »

Aha, that explains it. The mail has this text so I was wondering were to disable it.

---
To disable notifications go in the controller user interface, click the gear icon on the desired device and press Delete button in the Notifications section.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

hm, indeed. for device specific notifications you can do it, while for system-wise notifications this is not possible
ml_zway

Post by ml_zway »

Hi - re this - "for device specific notifications you can do it", where exactly ?

Is the "controller user interface" the :8083/smarthome or the :8083/expert UI ?

I can see a gear icon next to the device in the smarthome UI, [ Configuration | Devices | Manage ] but there is no notifications section when I click on it.

If I filter the elements by the node ID I can see the "Hardware failure" and Over =current" Alarms, but I'm not sure what to click to turn off the Connection Alert - which is triggered for a lot of my elements far too often - in the tens of alerts per week from a variety of them ?
seattleneil

Post by seattleneil »

Dealing with notifications can get a little complicated for Z-Wave devices since manufacturers frequently support configurable parameters related to notifications that would be managed using the expert UI. That being said, notifications are nominally managed using the smarthome UI.

There's a chance the "Hardware failure" notification is a Z-Way system notification that you may not be able to suppress. This makes sense to me since I would want to know about a device that has a hardware failure. If you're receiving tens of these notifications per week, you should consider replacing the device. As for the over-current alarm, this looks like a device-specific notification that you might be able to enable/disable using the expert UI (assuming the manufacturer of this device supports a configurable parameter to control this notification). Alternatively, the Notification Filtering app lets you control which notifications are sent. The file /var/log/z-way-server.log should provide details on how notifications are being processed.