V4.0.0

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
vinisz

Re: V4.0.0

Post by vinisz »

Also Zway crashes after certain amount of time
@Poltos, this does not work, how can I roll-back ?
ibjr

Post by ibjr »

Apart from the missing motion sensors I mentioned earlier, two binary sensors from FGBS-222 (Fibaro smart implant) are also gone after the upgrade to 4.0.0
Also a lot of Error reports are generated in the log file from _zdata_find; mostly two reports at the same time, complaining about scale: "precision" and "intVal"; (I expect from older multilevel sensors that do not have the precision characteristic in scale?)
But most importantly, the z-way-server process is crashing about once a day. (In all cases so far, it crashed after sending a battery device back to sleep for the Nth time (N > 15), but that might be a coincidence). I have z-way-server now running in gdb to get more information. Will post the results after it crashed again
But I am also considering to roll back to V3.2.3 as this release is too unstable for a "life" environment
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

The 142 Beta build has been stable for me, had the process crashing issue with build 154. In the past when I was testing various beta builds for 4.0 I went to a 4.0 beta build and then I just reinstalled 3.2.3 to get back to 3.2.3. I didn't lose any data; the devices were still there. That is not to say that you wouldn't have an issue. I have Z-Way integrated with Home Assistant, so the automation tasks are being handled by Home Assistant and Z-Way is handling the Z-Wave communication.

Just my opinion, but when a new release is available, it is best not to one of the first to try it out. This goes the same for all software. There will always be bugs. I have a Dev Z-Way instance and before I used any of the beta builds, it was installed on it first. Interestingly enough, it didn't have the processes failure on it. I did run the build 154 on my core Z-Way system and believe it or not, it went all the way until yesterday before it crashed, whereas when I tried it on one of the remote Z-Way nodes that feed the core system, the z-way process died every few hours.

The core system has no Z-Wave devices. The remote Z-Way nodes have Z-Wave and they would have the z-way process die every few hours.
vinisz

Post by vinisz »

How did you went back ?
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

By installing 3.2.3. The builds and releases are here:
https://razberry.z-wave.me/z-way-server/

Download 3.2.3 and install it.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

vinisz wrote:
09 Nov 2022 18:53
Also Zway crashes after certain amount of time
@Poltos, this does not work, how can I roll-back ?
We will soon make a minor release with a few fixes including this. Meanwhile, you can use a workaround:

http://localhost:8083/ZWaveAPI/Run/for (var d in devices) if (devices[d].MultiCmd) devices[d].MultiCmd.data.supported=false

Once 4.0.1 is here, you can revert it back with true at the end or with a Force Interview
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Could somebody please send us a .zbk file from a network where the motion sensor (or any other sensor) is missing in v4.0.0? We will check it. All FGMS we have in our lab are working perfectly. There are so many versions of FGMS, that it is hard to find the exact one.
ibjr

Post by ibjr »

Got the following output from gdb; (looks like the issue for which Polto has a workaround)

Thread 10 "zway/dev/ttyAMA" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread 0xb05ff440 (LWP 14263)]
0xb3359494 in _zway_try_multi_cmd_encapsulation () from ./modules/modzwave.so
(gdb) bt
#0 0xb3359494 in _zway_try_multi_cmd_encapsulation () from ./modules/modzwave.so
#1 0xb3379fb8 in process_outgoing_data () from ./modules/modzwave.so
#2 0xb337b60c in zway_worker_thread_proc () from ./modules/modzwave.so
#3 0xb65f7310 in start_thread (arg=0xb05ff440) at pthread_create.c:477
#4 0xb6354da8 in ?? () at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/clone.S:73 from /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6
Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)
(gdb)
ibjr

Post by ibjr »

I have emailed my .zbk file to @Polto
vinisz

Post by vinisz »

Well, maybe very strange but on top of the 4.0 installed from the GUI I did this in putty:
wget -qO - https://storage.z-wave.me/RaspbianInstall | sudo bash

And, voila, motion sensors back and.... no more zway crashes.

Not sure how this is possible, but it solves the issues