Failed security module that's no longer included with strange error message

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
xtrnisse

Failed security module that's no longer included with strange error message

Post by xtrnisse »

Hi!

I don't really know why this issue started, plus I'm a bit of a newbie, but I'll see if I can explain it...

I was going to include a Aeotec Range Extender 7, which initially failed... But it was assigned node no 22.
So I started the inclusion again, which completed with no issue, and it's now up and running as it should, as node 23. Because node 22 was then listed as failed, I removed it through the expert mode view "Remove failed node".
Still no issues at this point.

Then today when I left my house, where the z-way controller is, I activated the alarm (the Z-wave.me Security-Module-app), I started getting e-mail notifications as well as these messages in the log:
Screenshot_20221201_210341_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221201_210341_Chrome.jpg (71.21 KiB) Viewed 974 times
It appears 5-6 times a minute (with the equivalent amount of e-mails) which is slightly irritating to say the least... Not to mention that the sirens went off, and I had to remove the app before I could get them to shut up.

Any idea how I can fix this? Any additional information you might need?

Firmware 3.1.1
Security Module 1.3.0
Range Extender application 1.1
Range extender SDK 7.11
PoltoS

Re: Failed security module that's no longer included with strange error message

Post by PoltoS »

I think it has nothing to do with your Z-Wave device #22. Here 22 is the ID of the application in Z-Way - in your case Security has id 22.

Security app is creating many devices including Security_Reset. There is some issue with this one. Please make sure there are no automation rules involving it. Make sure the Security app itself does not have Security_Reset device in actions.
xtrnisse

Post by xtrnisse »

It might very well be that's its the app ID, but I've removed that app, and the problem is still there... And there's no rules involving it.

I've now re-installed the Security app (now ID 26) and afterwards I'm getting these errors:
Screenshot_20221203_105701_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221203_105701_Chrome.jpg (79.19 KiB) Viewed 908 times
On a different note, perhaps it's time for me to upgrade the firmware as well...
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

You should check the log to see a more detailed error description. But upgrading is a good idea.