HomeKit gate all devices show “no response”

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
lindm

Re: HomeKit gate all devices show “no response”

Post by lindm »

We upgraded all devices on our side but they still work like a charm. The issue is that we can't reproduce the prblem on our side.
Did you open the Apple Home.app, click the "More" button, and then select your Home settings and click the HomeKit upgrade there?
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213481
So there is no desire to find and fix the problem?
Topas

Post by Topas »

They only want our money - no support anymore.
I filed an amazon complaint right now ...
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

@lindm, we are working on it. thank you for your patience. Hope you understand that it is not a 5 minutes fix and it not caused by us, but by Apple updating their side. It takes time to follow the new design and adopt everthing.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

@Topas, thanks, that will definitely help developers to work faster. File one to Apple too, please, so they look at how not to break hundreds of existing products on their next update ;)

Seriously, you want us to fix immediately something broken by another company. Software products are designed in months and years, it is not a matter of a hotfix.

There is no problem to make a refund for you. We give you the address, please send the product back and we do a refund.

But after all when you buy RaZberry 7 - it is about supporting Z-Wave. HomeKit comes as a free bonus and if Apple breaks their own protocol, we have nothing but to do our best to fix it - this is what we do. But we have no well expected time yet - this work was not even planned as Apple don't notify before breaking things
Topas

Post by Topas »

That is not correct - as you know, I use the old Homekit version. You are working on my problem for 2 month now ...
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

@Topas, please understand that we can't get access to your iPhone to reproduce it. Debugging Apple products in-field is not easy, there is no way to see the log on the Apple side to see the reason for this "unresponsiveness". To fix it we first need to reproduce it in-house.

We believe your issue is related to the infrastructure update that started from iOS 16. If we can't reproduce it, we can't fix it. Right now we collect more users' experiences to find correlations between issues. This is why it takes so much time. There is no simple action we can do now, so blaming us for doing nothing is not really correct as there is nothing we can do in your case unless you connect your iPhone to XCode and provide us access.

Trust me, we are working on it. But if you don't want to wait for it, please issue a refund (though, it is not really correct as the h/w is fully working and being a Z-Wave modem has nothing to do with HomeKit). Anyway, we like customers to be happy, so we can issue you a refund.
Topas

Post by Topas »

You have my ZAB Backup:
Please have a look at device #13 - there must be a specific problem with that device. It has problems for 1/2 year to integrate in the Homekit network. So I can be sure that this problem has nothing to do with the new Homekit version...

I thought I could fix the error by buying a new Z-Wave-me device ...
Topas

Post by Topas »

Update:
No new help, no solution, no refund ...
But ticket system asks if the case is resolved because they don´t answer ;)
6ft6

Post by 6ft6 »

I am seeing the same issue after HomeKit upgrade. I then removed devices and Z-Wave.Me hub from HomeKit and now they can no longer be added. HomeKit no longer sees the hub/devices.
lostformars

Post by lostformars »

I ran into problems a while ago with ZWay's Apple HomeKit Gate showing "no response" in the Home app for all of my ZWay devices. I think my devices were still working after upgrading the HomeKit architecture, which I did when it was first released. I think they started to fail for me after iOS 16.2.

I was already using Homebridge for some devices that did not work with ZWay's Apple HomeKit Gate. So, I moved all of my devices over to Homebridge, which has been working great.

I use the homebridge-zway plugin. https://github.com/SphtKr/homebridge-zway#readme

Some of the devices showed up as "Not Supported" in the Home app. But, I was able to fix this by adding additional mapping for the device type names that ZWay was using.

https://github.com/SphtKr/homebridge-zway/issues/138

I needed to add the following lines to ZWayServerPlatform.getVDevTypeKeyNormalizationMap around line 90.

Code: Select all

"switchBinary.power_switch_binary": "switchBinary",
"switchBinary.scene_switch_binary": "switchBinary",
I found these values by adding some logging after the following line.

Code: Select all

var tk = ZWayServerPlatform.getVDevTypeKey(vdev);
// Log device type
this.log("Device reports as: " + tk);
My log is at: /var/lib/homebridge/homebridge.log