Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Dotelpenguin

Z-Way 4.1.0 Zigbee Won't go away

Post by Dotelpenguin »

Firmware version v4.1.0
UI version v1.15.1
Built date 03-05-2023 00:36:45
Capabilities: slm

Background. I've been running OpenHab for about 5+ years with the native Z-Wave binding on a Raspberry Pi4. I've kept Z-Way on a second SD-CARD and been booting to that to repair and diagnose my Z-Wave network when needed. I recently got the RaZberry 7 Pro to replace my VERY old HomeSeer Z-wave Hat and migrate my devices. This round I'm going to use Z-Way as the controller, and bind it to OpenHab.

I have started to move 12 of my OpenHab Z-Wave devices (about 110 total) over to Z-Way to allow me have better control over the network and device configs, and use the Higher security of the new controler. I started this process with the previous version of Z-Way Pi Image. This worked fine. However I have upgraded to v4.1.0 (first by the web UI, which failed, then by CLI apt update/upgrade method).

After Upgrade Every Z-Wave function gets a POPUP about the ZIGBEE controller failing and being improperly setup/installed. It was NOT installed. I did attempt to install it to clear the message, but it still fails. Removing the ZIGBEE app does not clear the errors. I an unable to access the HARDWARE CONFIGURATION of any Z-Wave devices in the Main UI. The UI fails trying to access the ZIGBEE funtions.

How do I remove the Zigbee Components? I do not have a Zigbee Radio on this PI4, and I don't intend to. I DO use Zigbee devices (about 30), but they are on a separate Pi using Zigbee2MQTT.

I did backup my data, did a factory reset of the Z-Way image, and restored backup (likely also restoring my weird zigbee stuck issue) but no change.

Any suggestions? Ideas?

Thanks
PoltoS

Re: Z-Way 4.1.0 Zigbee Won't go away

Post by PoltoS »

Hello!

Looks like something weird happened with the UI. Could you please contact our support (or PM to me) with remote access info so we can have a look on it and fix?

First of all, clear the browser cache to be sure the UI is the new one and not the old cached by the browser.
Dotelpenguin

Post by Dotelpenguin »

PoltoS wrote:
17 May 2023 04:52
Hello!

Looks like something weird happened with the UI. Could you please contact our support (or PM to me) with remote access info so we can have a look on it and fix?

First of all, clear the browser cache to be sure the UI is the new one and not the old cached by the browser.
Was this addressed in any updates yet? I checked to see if there are updates this morning I didn't see any. Is there a different channel/band for updates?

Thanks
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Yes, this will be fixed soon. Sorry for the inconvenience
ChristianBrown

Post by ChristianBrown »

Dotelpenguin wrote:
15 May 2023 21:45
Firmware version v4.1.0
UI version v1.15.1
Built date 03-05-2023 00:36:45
Capabilities: slm

Background. I've been running OpenHab for about 5+ years with the native Z-Wave binding on a Raspberry Pi4. I've kept Z-Way on a second SD-CARD and been booting to that to repair and diagnose my Z-Wave network when needed. I recently got the RaZberry 7 Pro to replace my VERY old HomeSeer Z-wave Hat and migrate my devices. This round I'm going to use Z-Way as the controller, and bind it to OpenHab.

I have started to move 12 of my OpenHab Z-Wave devices (about 110 total) over to Z-Way to allow me have better control over the network and device configs, and use the Higher security of the new controler. I started this process with the previous version of Z-Way Pi Image. This worked fine. However I have upgraded to v4.1.0 (first by the web UI, which failed, then by CLI apt update/upgrade method).

After Upgrade Every Z-Wave function gets a POPUP about the ZIGBEE controller failing and being improperly setup/installed. It was NOT installed. I did attempt to install it to clear the message, but it still fails. Removing the ZIGBEE app does not clear the errors. I an unable to access the HARDWARE CONFIGURATION of any Z-Wave devices in the Main UI. The UI fails trying to access the ZIGBEE funtions.

How do I remove the Zigbee Components? I do not have a Zigbee Radio on this PI4, and I don't intend to. I DO use Zigbee devices (about 30), but they are on a separate Pi using Zigbee2MQTT.

I did backup my data, did a factory reset of the Z-Way image, and restored backup (likely also restoring my weird zigbee stuck issue) but no change.

Any suggestions? Ideas?

Thanks
Here are a few suggestions to help you resolve the issue:

Check the Z-Way documentation: Consult the official Z-Way documentation or user guides for instructions on how to remove the Zigbee components from the software. They should provide specific steps or configuration options to disable or remove the Zigbee functionality.

Explore the web UI settings: Log in to the Z-Way web interface and navigate to the settings or configuration options. Look for any settings related to Zigbee and disable or remove them from there. It's possible that there may be a specific section or tab dedicated to managing Zigbee components.

Check the command-line interface (CLI): If the web UI does not provide an option to remove Zigbee components, you can try accessing the Z-Way software through the command line interface (CLI). Look for relevant command-line commands or configuration files where you can disable or remove Zigbee functionality.

Community support: Reach out to the Z-Way community forums or support channels to seek assistance from other users or the developers. They may have encountered similar issues and can provide guidance on how to resolve them effectively.

Revert to a previous version: If all else fails and the Zigbee errors persist, you may consider reverting back to a previous version of the Z-Way software that did not exhibit these issues. This will allow you to continue using Z-Way without the Zigbee-related problems until a solution becomes available.
you can have fun with Pocket City 2 Free Mod APK game on getmodnow website with free safety
Dotelpenguin

Post by Dotelpenguin »

Is there a timeframe for the v4.1.1 official release?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We are trying to locate a few annoying bugs before doing a release. Definitely in July
Dotelpenguin

Post by Dotelpenguin »

PoltoS wrote:
27 Jun 2023 00:24
We are trying to locate a few annoying bugs before doing a release. Definitely in July
Great, i'll wait then. Dont' wanna patch myself at this point.
Thelaptopsguide

Post by Thelaptopsguide »

Based on the information provided, it seems that after upgrading to version 4.1.0 of the Z-Way Pi Image, you are encountering issues related to the ZIGBEE controller, even though you don't have a Zigbee radio on your Raspberry Pi4, and you intend to use Zigbee devices on a separate Pi using Zigbee2MQTT.

To address the issue of the ZIGBEE controller failing and causing popups, and to remove the Zigbee components from Z-Way, you can try the following steps:

Disable or uninstall the ZIGBEE app: In the Z-Way web UI, go to the Apps section and try to disable or uninstall the ZIGBEE app. This should prevent it from interfering with the Z-Wave functions.

Check for any residual Zigbee settings: Even after disabling or uninstalling the ZIGBEE app, there might be some residual settings or configurations related to Zigbee that are causing conflicts. Try checking the Z-Way settings or configuration files to ensure there are no references to Zigbee components.

Verify Z-Wave settings: After ensuring the Zigbee components are removed or disabled, check the Z-Wave settings and configurations to make sure everything is intact and no settings have been corrupted during the upgrade process.

Double-check the backup and restore process: If you attempted to restore a backup after the factory reset, it's possible that the backup contains the issue related to the Zigbee components. Consider performing a clean setup without restoring the backup to see if the issue persists.

Reach out to Z-Way support or community: If the issue still persists, consider reaching out to Z-Way's support team or community forums. They might have encountered similar issues and could provide more specific guidance on troubleshooting and resolving the problem.

As always, before making any significant changes or modifications, it's advisable to take a backup of your current setup to avoid any data loss or irreversible changes.