Inovelli VZW31-SN Will Not Complete Interview and One Parameter Throws Error When Changing

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
JasonJoel

Inovelli VZW31-SN Will Not Complete Interview and One Parameter Throws Error When Changing

Post by JasonJoel »

I have an Inovelli VSW31-SN paired via Z-Wave Long Range - S2 security.

Issue 1: The interview never completed for the Configuration or Indicator classes.

Issue 2: When trying to manually set one specific parameter in configuration Z-Way throws an error like:

Code: Select all

Error: Invalid argument /ZWave.zway/Run/devices[5].instances[0].commandClasses[112].Set(21,1,0)
Parameter information:
21 AC Power Type Select whether you are wiring your switch with or without a neutral wire
0 = No-Neutral
1 = Neutral
Range: 0-1
Default: 1
Size: 1

Edit: Looking at the config command class info for the device, I see it is marked as "readonly: true" for some reason - which is incorrect. Any way to manually change that?

21: None (08:33 AM)
        val: None (08:33 AM)
        size: 1 (08:33 AM)
        format: unsigned (08:33 AM)
        min: 0 (08:33 AM)
        max: 1 (08:33 AM)
        default: 1 (08:33 AM)
        title: (08:33 AM)
        description: (08:33 AM)
        readonly: true (08:33 AM)
        reinclusionRequired: false (08:33 AM)
        advanced: false (08:33 AM)
JasonJoel

Re: Inovelli VZW31-SN Will Not Complete Interview and One Parameter Throws Error When Changing

Post by JasonJoel »

Here's a clean log file with a force pairing attempt.
Attachments
z-way-server - inovelli vzw31-sn.zip
(128.89 KiB) Downloaded 522 times
seattleneil

Re: Inovelli VZW31-SN Will Not Complete Interview and One Parameter Throws Error When Changing

Post by seattleneil »

To update the readonly value for device 5 parameter 21, use the following command:

curl -u admin:[PASSWORD} --globoff 'http://127.0.0.1:8083/ZWave.zway/Run/devices[5].instances[0].commandClasses[112].data[21].readonly.value=false'
Replace [PASSWORD] with your admin password.

To retrieve the readonly value for device 5 parameter 21, use the following command:

curl -u admin:[PASSWORD} --globoff 'http://127.0.0.1:8083/ZWave.zway/Run/devices[5].instances[0].commandClasses[112].data[21].readonly'
JasonJoel

Post by JasonJoel »

JasonJoel wrote:
24 Sep 2023 02:53
Here's a clean log file with a force pairing attempt.

I can confirm that the interview still does not complete in 4.1.2.
Attachments
z-way-server - inovelli vzw31-sn 4.1.2.zip
(78.59 KiB) Downloaded 449 times
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

Have you tried with long range?
JasonJoel

Post by JasonJoel »

lanbrown wrote:
12 Dec 2023 22:12
Have you tried with long range?
Yes. Actually I've ONLY tried pairing it LR... Maybe if I get time I'll re-pair it non-LR and see if I get a different experience.
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

LR is new, so there could be teething issues. There is also two beta releases from Inovelli for that model. So the 700/800 series is relatively new and the LR is only available in the North America.

The firmware that Inovelli uses actually comes from the manufacturer of the switch. Inovelli has the design and the functionality that they would like. The manufacturer in China produces the firmware. That is what I have gathered from past experience. So how much testing for LR is done could be an issue since there are several different controllers and then even more so of software choices that run the controller.

It does seem that Z-Way is more picky but also because I believe that they are following the standard a lot more closely than the others.

I do have some of those same switches that I have yet to install. I got about 50 of them in the first batch. I was waiting until the first non-beta release to become available. Then use my test system to pair, upgrade and then unpair the switches to then be installed in their permanent home.