How to refresh index tables for icons, rooms, ...

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
LasPro

How to refresh index tables for icons, rooms, ...

Post by LasPro »

I have been using my Z-wave installation on my raspberry since 2016.

During that time some strange things happened:
  • First I lost all my downloaded icons and I found no way to refresh the icons. The system insists that all icons are installed properly.
  • Than I got a problem with the rooms: Some exisisting rooms are no longer available in the selection fields for the active devices. Sometimes a selected room is replaced by a different one or none without any interaction.
  • A similar problem occurs using scenes: New scenes do not appear in the dropdown selectors for scenes, but existing entries are doubled or not existing scenes are displayed.
[/list]
How to renew the index tables of these elements?
Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-25 um 18.14.01.png
Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-25 um 18.14.01.png (199.9 KiB) Viewed 1373 times
Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-25 um 18.24.17.png
Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-25 um 18.24.17.png (137.29 KiB) Viewed 1373 times
PoltoS

Re: How to refresh index tables for icons, rooms, ...

Post by PoltoS »

You have to delete the icon package and install it back. I think you have restored a backup and it does not contain icons, while it does contain references to them
LasPro

Post by LasPro »

Thanks for the reply.

The missing customs icons are annoying but not a real problem (I just stopped using them). However it is not possible to delete them because there is no option to remove. (see screenshot at the bottom)

The real issues are the corrupted scenes (other apps as well?) and the corrupted list of rooms. The available scenes are no longer the scenes which are available in the selectors of other apps ("list of scenes to activate"). New scenes are no longer added to these lists. Please have a look on the list of the created scenes:
available scenes.png
available scenes.png (187.63 KiB) Viewed 1151 times

The drop down field in "list of scenes to activate" presents a different selection (mainly old scenes are shown, newly edited are missing and nonsense scenes are shown:
list of scenes to activate.png
list of scenes to activate.png (89.43 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
This is the complete list:
List of scenes in drop down.png
List of scenes in drop down.png (111.89 KiB) Viewed 1151 times

How to fix this?
Attachments
Icons.png
Icons.png (622.64 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

After (or before) a backup restore, you need to install all apps, skins and icons you had before.