Updating to Z-Way v4.1.4 fails

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
GokMasE

Updating to Z-Way v4.1.4 fails

Post by GokMasE »

Hi,

I noticed there is a new version of Z-Way available and tried to update to v4.1.4 via smarthome UI ( /settings/firmware update/Open updater) but only to see this message:

Code: Select all

Err(1.18.3): main.c: 501: The spawned process 'shell:/bin/systemctl stop netif.$IFACE' has exited with code 5 and says:
I am currently running Z-Way v.4.1.3 on a Raspberry 3 using Buster.

Is this some kind of known issue that is likely to be fixed or should I try to force an update via PuTTY?

Regards,

/Joakim
otverber

Re: Updating to Z-Way v4.1.4 fails

Post by otverber »

I have the same issue; however upgrade to 4.1.4 worked through the error messages.
ref: https://forum.z-wave.me/viewtopic.php?f=3417&t=36013
GokMasE

Post by GokMasE »

Good to hear you were able to get through. For me that is not the case, after that error msg there is nothing more happening at all.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please use:

apt-get update && apt-get install z-way-server
GokMasE

Post by GokMasE »

Hiya and thanks for the reply.

I was eventually able to get v4.1.4 installed but not without some head scratching.
It was not enough with sudo apt-get update && apt-get install z-way-server to get it updated, there were complaints:

E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (13: Permission denied)
E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/
W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin - RemoveCaches (13: Permission denied)
W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin - RemoveCaches (13: Permission denied)
It thus tried to separate the commands:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install z-way-server
The first command was carried out okay, but after the command to actually install z-way-server I got this message:

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.

After following the instruction in that message, it was finally possible to get the update working with

sudo apt-get install z-way-server