Moving Razpberry to new RPi & build

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
SubnetMask

Moving Razpberry to new RPi & build

Post by SubnetMask »

I've had my Razpberry running in a RPi1 for some time now. Now, I'm trying to move it over to a RPi2 on afresh build of Raspian Jessie, but I'm having issues. I had no issue installing Z-Way and getting to the UI, but when I try to do a restore of the backup I created from the original install, it doesn't seem to be working right.

The first time I restored it, it seemed to restore properly, but it seemed data was missing. I tried to re-restore over the top of it and got an error. After re-imaging the SD card and re-installing fresh, I found that it seems the restore will fail if the Razpberry is connected to the Pi. If I booted the Pi without it connected, I was able to restore the backup, shut down, install the modue and boot it, but I was back where I started.

I think the main thing that's missing is the names from the 'Expert UI', which then translates over to the main UI, so where I had scenes set up, the switches for the scenes are now black because their friendly name is no longer present.

Is there a way to restore the friendly name in the Expert UI that I'm missing, or do I need to rename them manually?
pz1

Re: Moving Razpberry to new RPi & build

Post by pz1 »

I described here how I made clones
SubnetMask

Re: Moving Razpberry to new RPi & build

Post by SubnetMask »

Thanks, it was the 'Expert User Interface Network/Control/Create Backup' That I was missing. Did that and it looks much better.