Razberry board stuck with both leds always on

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
arpanetitaliasrl

Razberry board stuck with both leds always on

Post by arpanetitaliasrl »

After shutting down the raspi and cutting off the power, I removed the razberry board in order to make some maintenance on the raspi.
I inserted it again and power on, now it seems to be stuck and both leds are on. Obviously zwave software cannot start binding.
What can I doto fix it?And how it could happen?

PoltoS

Re: Razberry board stuck with both leds always on

Post by PoltoS »

If they are faint, the firmware is not starting (very unlikely unless you also updated the chip firmware during this maintenance). If they are bright, this means memory fault. FLASH memory have to be replaced. Of course it will clear your installation, but you can restore it back from the backup, so don't worry (make sure now to backup your /opt/z-way-server folder to make sure you have a backup!)
arpanetitaliasrl

Thank you so much Ser!
Sorry for my ignorance, how can I flash memory?
Yes, I made a backup of files /opt/z-way-server and both backups from smarthome UI and expert UI. Do I need to restore them also?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

The FLASH memory should be replaces (re-soldered). Then the backup should be restored on the board. You can either send it for replacement under warranty or do it yourself.
arpanetitaliasrl

sorry for ignorance, flash memory is the main central chip on the board? Named zm5101a-cme3r?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

no, it is the smaller one. it can be Atmel or Micron. As I remember, in your case it is M25PE40 https://media-www.micron.com/-/media/cl ... d608c1f0cc
arpanetitaliasrl

thanks. If I choose to replace the razberry board, is there a way to restore previous devices associations?
At the moment I have to reset every device before linking them to new razberry board.
But I have both .zab and .zbk files, can I use them to restore previous devices?

Thanks
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

PoltoS wrote:
18 Apr 2021 02:38
If they are faint, the firmware is not starting (very unlikely unless you also updated the chip firmware during this maintenance). If they are bright, this means memory fault. FLASH memory have to be replaced. Of course it will clear your installation, but you can restore it back from the backup, so don't worry (make sure now to backup your /opt/z-way-server folder to make sure you have a backup!)
arpanetitaliasrl

enbemokel wrote:
23 Apr 2021 19:36
PoltoS wrote:
18 Apr 2021 02:38
@enbemokel
Your reply has NO SENSE, you make SPAM
I asked a different thing.
What file should be restored between .zab and .zbk files?!
I've already knew to backup all /opt/z-way-server/ folder!
micky1500

Post by micky1500 »

The .Zab backup should restore your system.
include. Restore Z-Wave Network !
If it looks wrong, then restore your .zbk backup.
I have replaced the board and everything works after I restored my backup.
Raspi 4 - (Buster - 32 Bit) Zwave Version 4.1.1, Raz 7 Pro, Serial API Version: 07.38