New release candidate of available now!

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
n0ahg

Re: New release candidate of available now!

Post by n0ahg »

Which UI? I've never seen the Fibaro Motion Sensor individual sensors listed in the Blue UI!
pofs

Post by pofs »

fredaim wrote:So!
OK, i can set params on the fibaro motion sensor. But...

After I move it (the ball), I never see their sensor in razberry UI. Domoticz continue to receive infos (temperature, detection...).
After restart of razberry software: UI's razberry shox the device but not the sensors and domoticz can't get informations about detection, temperature....

Somedy has an idea? The xml?
If Domoticz shows the info, there's some issue in UI rendering. Maybe the XML is missing something, maybe there's a bug in UI. Not sure.
Can you show the log fragment from the moment you have the sensors in UI, and up to the moment you moved it and sensors disappear?

Talking about the other problem, is the sensor shown as interview is passed after restart? Does force re-interview fix the problem? Then, does the problem reproduce after next restart?
n0ahg

Post by n0ahg »

I've never seen any end pount from the Fibaro Motion Sensor show up under Device Control in the Blue UI where as the Aeon Labs Multi Sensor show all it's end points. I was still running 1.5 when I received my Motion Sensor!
Last edited by n0ahg on 18 May 2014 03:10, edited 1 time in total.
fredaim

Post by fredaim »

pofs wrote: If Domoticz shows the info, there's some issue in UI rendering. Maybe the XML is missing something, maybe there's a bug in UI. Not sure.
Can you show the log fragment from the moment you have the sensors in UI, and up to the moment you moved it and sensors disappear?

Talking about the other problem, is the sensor shown as interview is passed after restart? Does force re-interview fix the problem? Then, does the problem reproduce after next restart?
Thank you for your advice. I will look at the log ... not until Monday :(

As I do not restart the z-way server, the messages arrive well in domoticz Although the sensors are no longer visible in the UI.

The interview is correct at the restart, and re-interview (ok) makes no difference.

I will analyze the traces in the log and will share the results.
n0ahg

Post by n0ahg »

I'm still working out what I need to restart the server (I've done PHP, PERL, JSP, Java and .Net web dev)... To be safe I currently always do a restart but that's mainly so I can delete the log file and trace from a new clean state.

Sometimes you can end up with a none working config file and I've found that deleting it is what get's me going again.

If you don't want to restart the server or delete your config you should stick with a stable release!
Mike_77

Post by Mike_77 »

pofs wrote:
Mike_77 wrote:installed the RC3
When load the Dashbord following warning is active.

10/05/14 - 14:17Can not load modules.json from modules/SimpleScene/module.json: SyntaxError: Unexpected token }
There's no SimpleScene module in the package. Can it be some custom module you added?
No changes on standard.
How I can begin from scatch? I want to be sure not to use a Mix of versions.
graycrow

Post by graycrow »

Something strange just happened. Installation script removed a wolfram-engine. Are there any reasons for that?

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi ~/Z-Wave/RaZberry $ wget -q -O - razberry.z-wave.me/install/v1.7.0-rc2 | sudo bash
Do you accept Z-Wave.Me licence agreement?
Please read it on Z-Wave.Me web site: http://razberry.z-wave.me/docs/ZWAYEULA.pdf
yes/no: yes
Previous z-way-server installation found
Stopping Z-Way: done.
Making backup of previous version of Z-Way in /opt/z-way-server_2014-05-19-10-59-47
Removing MathKernel
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
  oracle-java7-jdk
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove it.
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  wolfram-engine
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
After this operation, 454 MB disk space will be freed.
(Reading database ... 75182 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing wolfram-engine ...
pofs

Post by pofs »

graycrow wrote:Something strange just happened. Installation script removed a wolfram-engine. Are there any reasons for that?
Yes, this particular package caused problems when installing new services. Here's a reference to a relevant discussion: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt ... 94&t=62118
I think you may reinstall it after installing z-way-server if you really need it.
AH3n4n

Post by AH3n4n »

Hello.

I have a Z-Box test unit, which currently has z-way 1.4.1 installed (I think .. I'm not sure may be 1.3.65?)

Could I use this installer for the latest version?
Reading the update script code I can see the possibility that the device is a razberry or a "boxed" type device (= Z-Box?)

What is the update command?

wget-q-O - razberry.z-wave.me/install/v1.7.0-rc2 | sudo bash

rc2 or rc3??

any additional steps?

The current version of z-way that has this z-box unit isn´t very stable and I also have problems with ZDDX for some modules (Everspring), with 1.7.0 rc2 version in my RaZberry works correctly with this modules, so I think is appropriate to update this Z-Box before further testing.

Thanks for the reply
pofs

Post by pofs »

AH3n4n wrote:rc2 or rc3??
The difference between rc2 and rc3 is only a presence of converter to correctly migrate older configuration files to the new format. So if you have an existing network (especially with secure devices), use rc3.
But, Z-Box has AMD Geode CPU inside, which is not ARM. So the binaries for RaZberry are not compatible with it. Please use the built-in update tool (in admin UI at port 8084) to update your Z-Box to 1.7.0-rc3 (you'll likely need to manually specify this version).