Aeon Labs Smart Energy Meter

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
jonnes1

Aeon Labs Smart Energy Meter

Post by jonnes1 »

Its possible to use this product with razberry?

http://aeotec.com/z-wave-home-energy-me ... tions.html

Or in the future?

Thanks

PoltoS

Should work out of the box

Post by PoltoS »

Should work out of the box
SpamNeinDanke

Well,...

Post by SpamNeinDanke »

... It does not work so well as there is still no pepperdb entry. However I was in contact with aeotec support and they sent me the tech specs. However I was not able to create a working ZDDX file for myself. However I would happily share the document with you if you tell me how (no attachements possible to post).

Cheers SnD
jonnes1

Information

Post by jonnes1 »

SpamNein,

Can you send on my email, jonnes1@gmail.com ? How do you get information from energy meter? Can you get with razberry api?

Thanks,
PoltoS

You can send it on razberry

Post by PoltoS »

You can send it on razberry-at-z-wave.me. If there is not ZDDX record in P1 database, the device has certainyl not passed certification yet. This means it might not work out of the box, since RaZberry do not handle devices in a specific way, but just use Z-Wave protocol to speak them. So, if they break the protocol, RaZberry will not be able to handle such device.

This is the difference between RaZberry and all other gateway softwares: it does not need any prior info about the device to be able control it. ZDDX file is only needed to be able to list all Config parameters, show device name and photo and convert some numeric data into text data (that was taken from the manual), but this is optional.