Wall Switch and Plug In Module Dimmers Status Level Returned Wrong Value

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
aibojian

Wall Switch and Plug In Module Dimmers Status Level Returned Wrong Value

Post by aibojian »

When I am using RazBerry with either Z-Way iPhone app or OpenRemote, I'm getting incorrect value in return.

Ex 1: When I am using slider and selected 60 the return value will either jump to 96 (if it was from 99) or 4 (if it was from 0).

Ex 2: When I click on the ON button (value was set at 99) from value 24, the light will turn on to 99, but the return value is 27.

Wondering if anyone experiencing the same issue and is there's a workaround. Thanks in advance.
PerM

I've seen this as well when

Post by PerM »

I've seen this as well when POSTing to the Json API. From what I understand, it is the result of the end device reporting a value before it is still executing the command to dim up/down. Subsequent calls to read the value in question returns the correct value.
aibojian

Make sense

Post by aibojian »

That make sense. is there any way to delay calls or when posting commands through JSON API, so it returns the correct value?
PerM

Not that I know of.

Post by PerM »

Not that I know of.
aibojian

Resolved

Post by aibojian »

I got it resolved by combined 2 commands separated with a semicolon, which polls every 2s

http://RazberryIP/JS/Run/zway.devices[N ... erLevel(N)
PoltoS

there is, but how much time

Post by PoltoS »

there is, but how much time to wait? dimmer can be told to dim for 1 hour form 100% to 0%. So, how long to wait for?

Good devices have a group to report state changes, so once they have finished dimming, they report correct value themself. Even if it was not Z-Way who initiated the change.