How do I change AeonLabs Dimmer Parameter 80 to 1?

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
thechad

How do I change AeonLabs Dimmer Parameter 80 to 1?

Post by thechad »

Hello,
I have been using openz-wave with my AeonLabs Smart Energy Switch/Dimmer.

In order to have it send notifications of a change (ie. if I turn the light on/off/dim at the wall switch), I needed to set Parameter 80 to "1" as per the following tech. spec.

http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/uploads/ ... aefe99.pdf
80 Enables automatic notifications to associated devices
whenever there is a state change.
(0=nothing, 1=hail CC, 2=basic CC report)
This worded when set via DomotiGa GUI (HA software) which uses openzwave.

However, I have moved the dimmer to the Razberry, and while I can control it from the razberry gui, the dimmer no longer sends status updates if I use the wall switch.

Can someone please provide an example of how I can set this parameter from the Razberry?
thechad

Re: How do I change AeonLabs Dimmer Parameter 80 to 1?

Post by thechad »

Hello???

Anyone providing support here?
sdh

Post by sdh »

In the blue UI (http://localhost:8083/expert/), navigate to menu 'For Expert' at the top. There you have an option to get and set configuration parameters. Use that to set the value.
thechad

Post by thechad »

Hi sdh,

Thanks so much for the info.

I would not have found that...not being an expert (yet). :)

I'll give this a go and report back.

cheers.
thechad

Post by thechad »

Hi Guys.

Thankyou to sdh for the info. on how to set the parameters.

This is now reporting the level correctly when I use the light switch to change the light level/on/off.

However, it seems to have introduced an issue with the Razberry not getting the level correctly when i use the UI to set the light on/off/dim.

For example.
The light is set to 54% dim level using the switch. - UI updates correctly
Light is turned off at the switch ----> UI updates correctly
UI is used to turn the light on ---> UI shows light at 3% (not 54%)
Update button pressed on UI ---> UI now shows correct level (54%)

Why does the UI not update correctly?
How can I make it update correctly?

http://aciai.me/i/hYUim.png
ollfa

Post by ollfa »

I have noticed this behavior on my system as well, on all my dimmers. But only dimmers, binary switches updates correctly. It seems like the dimmer status gets caught on the way, in your case at 3%. The value stored in the Razberry system and value stored in the node is not equal, and the system needs to be updated.

The system is probably coded this way, and maybe a future update will resolve this. Or you can write a module ;)
thechad

Post by thechad »

Thanks. Glad it is not just me :) I am new to the razberry so need some help with where
to go from here.

As you suggest, Iguess there are two things to do:

1) Submit a change request/issue to the Razberry team to have this fixed
Question : How do you submit a ticket?

2) code a workaround. Perhaps to have the razberry poll the dimmer x seconds after command is sent.
Question : Any other suggestions?
Any suggestion on how to code this?
sdh

Post by sdh »

I would suggest try using value 1 for parameter 80. Setting the value to 2 only sends basic report where as setting the value to 1 tells the controller to poll the node. That way it gets all the data I guess. I have still to install the Aeon MSEI so I cannot comment on what you are observing but for my MSES, I found setting the parameter to 1 was a better option.
thechad

Post by thechad »

Thanks. I did try 1, (which is what i was using with openzwave on DomotiGa), however the UI does not update when the wall switch is used. so it seems razberry does not do a poll on the notification.

Update: It looks like my original issues of not seeing the parameters stemmed from the fact that the dimmer was not fully identified by zway (my fault as a new user).

Once I manually selected the device description record, the screen exposed the parameters on this screen...so no need to go into expert mode to change the params. (with the param 80 set to 2).

A case of rtfm :( http://razberry.z-wave.me/docs/zwayUse.pdf
6.2 Select Z-Wave Device Description Record
After a successful inclusion Z-Way will interview the device to gather further information.
6.2.1 Select Device Description Record
Certain information such as names of association group, the brand name of the device and the
parameters of further conguration values can not be detected during interview. Z-Way uses a
device database with product description les to obtain this information. In order to identify the
right device description record certain parameters of the interview are used. If these parameters
match exactly one device description record this very record is loaded and its content is shown
on the device conguration page automatically.
If the information from the device is sucient to select one specic record from the database
this section of the tab is hidden. If it is not possible to identify the correct device description
record the user can manually choose the correct record. It is also possible to manually change
the selection of the device description by unhiding this section and clicking on the Select Device
Description Record button.
I still have the issue of the dimmer not reporting the final dim vale (ie 3%) when turned on via the gui.

Looking at the que commands, you can see it does the Set and then immediately a Get. Then no other Get's...as a result, the Get shows the dimmer value part way through it's dim cycle. It needs to do another Get.

EDIT2: Using this guide here http://www.domotiga.nl/projects/domotig ... e_RaZberry
I was able to create an automation script that calls a .js and a .sh to send a jsonrpc call to DomotiGa (which then polls the zwave devices) whenever the light changes.

Getting closer.
ollfa

Post by ollfa »

@thechad Did you find any solution to make the UI update dimmer values?