Problem with Fibaro Motion Sensor

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
Wikibear

Re: Problem with Fibaro Motion Sensor

Post by Wikibear »

Hello together,

hope you can share your experience with me.

This Sensor drives me into the hell... With no experience about zway and zwave i get it to work on half way within 5 days.

I found out now that the range of the sensor is very bad. I must stay 2 or max 3 Meters to get in touch with the z way controller. This is unbeliveble so i use Danfoss Thermostat and don't have any problem with it.

How far away did you have ur sensors from zway controller?

Other thing. After Interview via expert ui the device will not detected. I must choose under interview via device description my device by hand. They are many of them with wrong set default parameters. Then i get silly effects in configuration. Max Min Values are not compare with standard value. Worst is temperature:

Min and Max Value are wrong.

Did you have the same issue like me? Using 222-rc3 at moment.

Thanks!
Greatings from the noob
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Did you have the same issue like me? Using 222-rc3 at moment.
@wikibear
I assume you mean that your are using v2.2.3-rc3
Wikibear

Post by Wikibear »

Yip, sorry.
Greatings from the noob
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Made that error many times myself :oops:
Wikibear

Post by Wikibear »

So I don't find any solution to extended the range. The interesting thing is, that motion sensor with self test range say my network of ok... Hm... Stupid.
Greatings from the noob
Wikibear

Post by Wikibear »

OK i found some solutions but the range of this sensor is very bad.

A quote from other thread:
After this knowings i started to setup Fibaro Motion Sensor. This thing is massive complex. If you understand how that works than it's fine but i have a big issue at the moment with no solution. Other way the software RaZberry is buggy to. Inclusion of this device works only in a range of 2m. The sensor itself works only in 2m. That is a thing what i don't understand at the moment. Max operation range is very very small. At the moment i don't have a solution yet. Smart Home UI will not detect the motion sensor well! You must!!! use expert UI determine which sensor this is. Via device description i can choose 4 different type of lists. That is strange. I don't know if i have the right list at the moment. All this lists are buggy! What i find out, that you can't setup the device via expert menu cause the ranges are wrong. Temp offset are between (min: 32769, max: 32767). I tested some of them. The other profiles has more bugs in it. If you want to change the value now, you have only 1 second time and the value will reset to the wrong value. Strange. This happens only via expert ui only if you go back into normal hardware configuration the wrong values will show but not refresh! If you ready you wake up the device and load all settings into it. I think, ok then i set a value to 5min for wakeup and the device will get the new informations than... Nope that doesn't work. This device will wakeup only if you triple click the b-button in it. That is so much crazy. Now i think my sensor is working, but with a extreme less range. And i don't have a clue of a faulty sensor or controller or everything...
I tested with network range test the range of this device. More then 3m without a wall between are only available. I expected that the range must go up more then this. Now i don't know if i own a faulty device or there is something other strange...

The configuration is also strange. I use now this profile cause auto detection won't work:

and have this strange bug:

Greatings from the noob
Cornelius

Post by Cornelius »

I have no problem with the range of my Fibaro motion sensor v3.2: 7 meters, through two 15 cm wooden walls. The timing are usually like this:

Code: Select all

2	Device_2	Battery/Wakeup 	30  	93%  	 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 22 2 2 2 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 2
The sensor are recognized as 'unknown type 7'...

DO remember to keep your razberry and sensor away from metal objects, as those will affect the antenna - usually in a bad way. :)

I have a bit different 'default' value for that temperature offset, but just as wrong - and annoying:

Code: Select all

Nº 66 - TEMPERATURE OFFSET
Define the value of added temperature. Available settings: -1000 - 1000 (-100°C – 100°C)

Updated: 20.04.2016 | Set value: 0 | Default value is: 0
If i try to change ANY of the values on that page without setting temperature offset to 0, it goes back to 64536... :(

Edit:
Running Razberry v2.2.2 on a Pi 2B
Last edited by Cornelius on 17 Jul 2016 10:01, edited 2 times in total.
Wikibear

Post by Wikibear »

Really 7m? That doesn't work with my sensor! There is no obstacle between sensor and controller.

Yip, try to use other profiles in expert ui there some you will expect less issues with values.

Where did you get the timing?
Greatings from the noob
Cornelius

Post by Cornelius »

Wikibear wrote:Where did you get the timing?
In the Expert UI, under 'Network' - 'Timing Info' :)
Wikibear

Post by Wikibear »

Nice and a bug again...
Attachments
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG (21.24 KiB) Viewed 10703 times
Greatings from the noob