Problem with Fibaro Motion Sensor

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
edafonseca

Problem with Fibaro Motion Sensor

Post by edafonseca »

Hello,

I just recieve my Raspberry pi with Razberry and an Fibaro Motion Sensor (FGMS-001).
I have installed Raspbian and the latest release of z-way-server (1.7.0).

I can see the Expert UI, add my module but I'm not abble to see sensors.

Here some images, can anyone help me please ?

Other question, when I call /ZAutomation/api/v1/devices, le list is empty, is it normal ?
Thanks a lot !
PoltoS

Re: Problem with Fibaro Motion Sensor

Post by PoltoS »

This was already fixed few days ago (at least I hioe)
edafonseca

Post by edafonseca »

Tanks for your reply. But I think it si the same problem than tetra (viewtopic.php?f=3422&t=20389). The device is not associating. I tried with z-way version 1.5 and 1.7.
fredaim

Post by fredaim »

New automation configuration composed for the moment :
- Raspberry ,
- Razberry with z -way- server v 1.7.0
- Domoticz v 1.1783
- Fibaro Motion Sensor 2.6
- Fibaro Wall Plug
- Camera Heden 6.2

I have a lot of difficulty for the integration of Fibaro Motion Sensor (FGMS-001) .

z -way- server (same phenomena with v 1.5) :
- The 540-010f-0800-1001-03-03-43-02-04.xml file is not correct. Many parameters are not positionable .
You must use one provided by pofs (thanks to him) viewtopic.php?f=3422&t=20363&hilit=fiba ... =30#p50681 (shame it is not included in version 1.7).
- At inclusion, it is necessary to go to manually locate the file description (Device Description Record), it does not set automatically as for most devices.
- Often, after restarting z-way-server, the file description has disappeared. It must be manually reset. It is sometimes necessary to do re-inclusion for z-way-server reaches back to communicate with the sensor motion.
- When motion is detected , the detection event is put together but it is accompanied by another event that causes an error which reads the trace (at the close of detection) :

Code: Select all

.RECEIVED: ( 01 09 00 04 00 03 03 30 03 00 C1 )
.SENT ACK
.SETDATA devices.3.data.lastReceived = 0 (0x00000000)
.SETDATA devices.3.instances.0.commandClasses.48.data.1.level = False
.SETDATA devices.3.instances.0.commandClasses.48.data.1 = Empty
.RECEIVED: ( 01 09 00 04 00 03 03 20 01 00 D3 )
.SENT ACK
.SETDATA devices.1.instances.0.commandClasses.32.data.srcNodeId = 3 (0x00000003)
.SETDATA devices.1.instances.0.commandClasses.32.data.srcInstanceId = 0 (0x00000000)
.SETDATA devices.1.instances.0.commandClasses.32.data.level = 0 (0x00000000)
.SETDATA devices.3.instances.0.commandClasses.48.data.1.level = False
.SETDATA devices.3.instances.0.commandClasses.48.data.1 = Empty
.RECEIVED: ( 01 09 00 04 00 03 03 60 0D 01 9E )
.SENT ACK
.Packet CC::MULTI_CHANNEL_CMD_ENCAP_V2 is too short: required at least 5 bytes, got 3
.Error returned from _zway_cc_call_handler(zway, command, controller->id, 0, data[4], &data[5]): Wrong packet from Z-Wave network or Discovery got bad data (stick communication failed) (-9)
Domoticz ( same phenomena with stabilized version):
- After declaring the material I get well "trigger" and "temperature" events but not the "brightness ". It sometimes appears after a re-interview for the blue UI z-way-server , but the information is not very long back in Domoticz . In fact we see pass the event in the log but it does not seem to be identified by Domoticz .
- After a reboot (reboot raspberry , stop/restart of domoticz and/or Domoticz) events are not recover in Domoticz . It is necessary to make a re-inclusion or re-interview and a lot of patience to get (or not) the events in Domoticz.

These are all the problems I encounter with Fibaro Motion Sensor . For information I also Fibaro Wall Plug, it works perfectly.
What could be the origin(s) of these problems Motion Sensor, the Razberry , z -way- server , Domoticz ... maybe me ;)
pofs

Post by pofs »

fredaim wrote:At inclusion, it is necessary to go to manually locate the file description (Device Description Record), it does not set automatically as for most devices
Probably there's something wrong with generic/specific device type in the XML, so it detects ambiguous records. Need to be checked.
fredaim wrote:Often, after restarting z-way-server, the file description has disappeared. It must be manually reset. It is sometimes necessary to do re-inclusion for z-way-server reaches back to communicate with the sensor motion
There was a problem that config file was not synced to the flash card on write, I believe it was fixed in 1.7.0.
But probably manual selection doesn't force config to be saved (it is saved only after interview). Try to forcefully save config after selecting device XML by running following script in ssh console:

sudo killall -USR1 z-way-server
fredaim wrote:When motion is detected , the detection event is put together but it is accompanied by another event that causes an error which reads the trace (at the close of detection) :

.RECEIVED: ( 01 09 00 04 00 03 03 60 0D 01 9E )
.SENT ACK
.Packet CC::MULTI_CHANNEL_CMD_ENCAP_V2 is too short: required at least 5 bytes, got 3
.Error returned from _zway_cc_call_handler(zway, command, controller->id, 0, data[4], &data[5]): Wrong packet from Z-Wave network or Discovery got bad data (stick communication failed) (-9)
This is definitely a problem in Fibaro Motion Sensor, as it sends invalid MultiChannel Encapsulation packet. Probably it is already fixed in the latest firmware (which I don't know where to get, as Fibaro doesn't publish them).
fredaim

Post by fredaim »

@pofs

I did what you said. The "motion sensor" appears to have stabilized. Even after stop/restart of z-way-server and more rasberry reboot.

However I see only one node in Domoticz responds well to the detection but does not match the on/off motion detection (I don't know what it is). And nothing else: no temperature and no light.
I continue my research.

Regarding firmware FGMS-001, I've done some research for the update ... nothing.

Thank you for your help.
pofs

Post by pofs »

fredaim wrote: Regarding firmware FGMS-001, I've done some research for the update ... nothing.
As for now, firmware on Fibaro devices can be updated only with Fibaro Home Center. You should probably ask someone with HC to update your device.

Can't tell anything about Domoticz, sorry.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

pofs wrote: As for now, firmware on Fibaro devices can be updated only with Fibaro Home Center.
Is this due to a shortcoming in the present RaZberry software, or is it because Fibaro does not want to release the new software to customers that so not have their Homeserver?
The latter is what I read in a very critical thread on the Homeseer forum.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
pofs

Post by pofs »

@pz1
The latest Z-Way supports FirmwareUpdate CC (although it is still under testing), but Fibaro currently doesn't publish firmware files to the public.
The only two choices is either to reverse-engineer HC and get firmware download links from it (quick, but bad one), or for us to make an official deal with Fibaro to receive their updates (but it may take a long time).
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Thanks for this update.

It is a pity that some of the Z-Wave suppliers have lost a bit sight of the "spirit" of Z-Wave; i.e. interoperability independent of supplier.

Certainly if a device is definitely flawed in terms of adherence to Z-Wave specifications, imho their approach in refusal to make those patches freely available is unethical.

It seems the only action left for end users is to ask their suppliers for replacement of flawed devices. It would be helpful for us users if there were a list of such known issues, so we have a stronger case towards suppliers.

Is there a list somewhere?

PS: Must admit that experience with suppliers w.r.t. flawed devices have been positive.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum