Problem: Fibaro FGS221 Hardware Switch get completely stuck

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
jin

Problem: Fibaro FGS221 Hardware Switch get completely stuck

Post by jin »

Hi,

preamble:

I've been owner of a Fibaro Home Center 2 for about 2 years, and because I love OpenSource software and I'm completely disappointed about Fibaro bad software design and nonexistent support, I switched from HC2 to Z-Way.
I get almost all working, but a major problem remain (only with Fibaro hardware of course :)), but first let's me describe my ZWave network:

1 RaZberry Primary Controller running Z-Way 1.7.2
3 FIBARO System FGD211 Universal Dimmer 500W v1.4
5 FIBARO System FGS221 Double Relay Switch 2x1.5kW v1.4
1 FIBARO System FGS211 Switch 3kW v1.4
2 FIBARO System FGMS001 Motion Sensor v 2.4
2 FIBARO System FGMS001 Motion Sensor v 2.6
1 FIBARO System FGSS101 Smoke Sensor
1 Philio Technology Corporation Slim Multi-Sensor PSM02
1 Everspring AN158 Plug-in Meter Appliance Module
1 Horstmann HRT4-ZW Thermostat Transmitter
1 Horstmann ASR-ZW Thermostat Receiver
9 Everspring SM103 Door/Window Sensor
1 Everspring SP814 Motion Detector
2 FIBARO System FGWPE Wall Plug
1 Aeon Labs Minimote Secondary Controller
1 Duwi Secondary Controller

problem:

about once per day, in completly random order, one or more of the Fibaro switches (the problem happen with all FGD211, FGS221 and FGS211) get completly stuck, for stuck I mean that I must power off the general elettrical power line of the house to make it working again (the switch stop responding to zwave commands and from hardware wall switch too)

considerations:

My Fibaro switches and motion sensors are 2 years old (I think the first series sold by Fibaro), and I do not have new switch release to test. I suppose that these problems depend from not well supported functions or some strange bugs of the earlier Fibaro switch release. However I never had these problems when used HC2. So I think they depend on some interaction with Z-Way.

Anyone here with the same problems?

How can I actively help Z-Way team to debug these two problems?

Many thanks in advance.
Lumberjack

Re: Problem: Fibaro FGS221 Hardware Switch get completely st

Post by Lumberjack »

Hi Jin, I had the same problem (lockup of the Fibaro switches/dimmers, at least one occurrence per two/three weeks, so less frequent than you, which is quite extreme) and ripped out all (quite a lot, I think somewhere between 10 and 15 switches/dimmers) and sent them back. Good thing I had a good shop (hashop.nl) that supported me with it.

I have new switches since a year, never occurred again.

Bit strange this did not happen with the HC2, since I would bet on a hardware failure here. I have versions 1.9 or so for the Fibary switches now. Cannot recall what I had before.
jin

Post by jin »

Hi Lumberjack,

thank you for the reply... my problem is very strange... I used my switch with HC2 with almost 2 years without problems. Just after switching to RaZberry, they started to get stuck every day. I tried to shutdown RaZberry controller for two days, and I haven't any stuck problem in this time. So definitively this occur when sending zwave commands to the devices... This is a really annoying problem, I really need to find a solution, I don't want come back to HC2 box :(
pofs

Post by pofs »

@jin, can you please look into the log to see what command was last successfully sent to device?
Probably there's a specific command that makes it stuck.
pierre2302

Post by pierre2302 »

hello

I have the same kind of problem with 2 modules fibaro fgrm 222 the communication stops with Zway and I am obliged to make zwave chip reboot for them to work again
" Raspi 2 (RaZberry) / Raspi B (Razberry) " With OpenRemote Free 2.2.0_TTS-Email-Serial and Z-Way
jin

Post by jin »

pierre2302 wrote:hello

I have the same kind of problem with 2 modules fibaro fgrm 222 the communication stops with Zway and I am obliged to make zwave chip reboot for them to work again
Hi Pierre, do you have only FGRM module from Fibaro, or even others modules? which version is FGRM222?
pierre2302

Post by pierre2302 »

jin wrote:
Hi Pierre, do you have only FGRM module from Fibaro, or even others modules? which version is FGRM222?
Hi jin, I have this problem only with modules FGRM 222
versions : SDK 3.52 & app version 22.22
" Raspi 2 (RaZberry) / Raspi B (Razberry) " With OpenRemote Free 2.2.0_TTS-Email-Serial and Z-Way
jin

Post by jin »

pierre2302 wrote:
jin wrote:
Hi jin, I have this problem only with modules FGRM 222
versions : SDK 3.52 & app version 22.22
Your model is pretty new I think. I suppose that Fibaro Hardware has some strange interaction with ZWave controllers different than HC2. My problems continue by daily basis. I disabled any possible polling of Fibaro devices, but this doesn't solve the stuck problem... sad.

I'm looking for someone with the same problems. I opened a ticket into http://bugzilla.fibaro.com/view.php?id=2051
but they closed the ticket telling me to write to support@fibaro.com.

I'll report here the reply of my mail.

Kind Regards.