New(bie) Questions

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
Varazir

New(bie) Questions

Post by Varazir »

Hello,

I have a old raspberry pi and bought just a razberry board and trying to get it to work.
Have installed http://razberry.z-wave.me/index.php?id=24 (image installation) , checked out the GUI little bit.

I have old system with a Tellstick(connected to a dovado router) and Nexa/proov devices
that I use to control the power to my computer and HT(AVR/TV/PS3/raspberryPi 2)system.
I use Ping to vereify that my devices are online.
Example if my Computer stops to respond to ping for 20 min my dovado turns off the proov device.
It could be that I have a network card problem, I don't want the system be powered off due to that.
As it's one why communication I can't verify that it's off.

The script doing the ping is running inside my linux router software.

With my new system I thought of using the power consumption function to verify if my devices are online.
6 port PowerNode Switch - Greenwave Systems HT ( TV/AVR/PS3/RaspberryPI2(XBMC)
1 port PowerNode Switch - Greenwave Systems Computer

Basic what I need in the start is:
I need it to monitoring the power consumption and a timed trigger to power off all devices.
I need to be able to communicate with my android phone native app or using Tasker.

Do I need anything more then just razberry software or should I replace it with something?

I'm going to expand, not sure when and how.

If it can be done, connecting the tellstick to the raspberrypi and use my old nexa/proov devices.

TIA Daniel

Live Long and Prosper
Prometheus

Re: New(bie) Questions

Post by Prometheus »

Hi Daniel
Sorry for saying this, but I know just a half of the products you mentioned in your post. But if I understood it correctly then you have concerning Z-Wave: 1 x (old) Raspberry Pi and 1 x Razberry board
When you are saying you have checked out the GUI a little bit then I assuming that you got the system running. That's fine and there is no other software needed
For measuring the power consumption and turning on/off something you will need additional hardware, like a Fibaro Wall Plug (no installation needed). But there are many other devices available. Then you have to include this new device to your Raspberry/Razberry-installation and after this you have a tiny littly Z-Wave network at home (containing 2 members).
With this system you can turn on/off your plug by using your Browser, your Android or whatever. Also monitor the consumption and time triggers are posssible.
Varazir

Post by Varazir »

Hi,

Thanks, the PowerNode devices has power consumption capability.
Another thing, how do I access the system with ssh/root account ?

KR
Daniel
Prometheus

Post by Prometheus »

If you want to access from Windows you need to get a program called "putty" (it's free --> gust google it)
If you want to access from Mac (and I guess Linux as well) just open a terminal and call: "ssh root@<IP Raspi>"
Varazir

Post by Varazir »

Prometheus wrote:If you want to access from Windows you need to get a program called "putty" (it's free --> gust google it)
If you want to access from Mac (and I guess Linux as well) just open a terminal and call: "ssh root@<IP Raspi>"

Thanks, that is the easy part ( running few linux server, irssi jumpstation) , default password ?
Prometheus

Post by Prometheus »

I'm not quite sure anymore but I think it's not set right from the beginning. So I logged in as user "pi" and changed it with "sudo passwd root"
Varazir

Post by Varazir »

I just updated my RaZberry to 2.0 now I can't find my 6ports Greenwave PowerNode
the controler found it when I was running 1.7.0 but it didn't work correcly

My single Greewave Powernode was found right away.

https://www.m.nu/pdf/PowerNode_manual_english.pdf
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Prometheus wrote:I'm not quite sure anymore but I think it's not set right from the beginning. So I logged in as user "pi" and changed it with "sudo passwd root"
Rasbian is preset with:
user=pi
pwd=raspberry
Varazir

Post by Varazir »

pz1 wrote:
Prometheus wrote:I'm not quite sure anymore but I think it's not set right from the beginning. So I logged in as user "pi" and changed it with "sudo passwd root"
Rasbian is preset with:
user=pi
pwd=raspberry

yes, found and changed.