RC-43

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
RottenMutt

RC-43

Post by RottenMutt »

1) Logical Rules: List of locks, can't select closed or open, UI says "this field is not optional".

2) scenes: Dimmers i can't turn fully off.

3) why are not locks available in scenes

4) can i change a setting to space out commands? I seem to flood the network when switching large scenes and not all switches activate.
Last edited by RottenMutt on 26 Jun 2015 15:16, edited 1 time in total.
pz1

Re: RC-43

Post by pz1 »

rc43 should solve your login problem according to recent post on github
https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/zwave-smar ... -340109812
RottenMutt

Post by RottenMutt »

RC44:
thermostats: i can switch between heat and cool, but if i attempt to change the set temperature the thermostat changes over to heat and the set point doesn't change.
Dimmer Switches: can't be turned off in SENCE
pz1

Post by pz1 »

RottenMutt wrote:1) Logical Rules: List of locks, can't select closed or open, UI says "this field is not optional".
Known issue on Github
2) scenes: Dimmers i can't turn fully off.
Dont 'know
3) why are not locks available in scenes
I have asked the same question for switching modes on thermostat devices. I did work around that by writing Z-Wave mode setting commands as JS scripts of type toggleButton. Those can be included in a scene. (Awkward as I needed to write 40 toggleButtons for 10 thermostats)
4) can i change a setting to space out commands? I seem to flood the network when switching large scenes and not all switches activate.
How many devices do you have in the biggest scene? Cause can also be in a weak network that leads to many retransmissions.
Alternatively you may consider to split up your scenes in smaller ones and sequence them with module Delayed scene?
timb

Post by timb »

I am really struggling. I can't log into HA. I have tried rc34, rc37, rc40, rc43. I have edited config.json to have "login"="admin", "password"="admin". In earlier cases I had user not known (something like that), now (rc43) I just get Page - Unable to load data.

When I did have it working last (a week ago), I noticed that the whole system was very slow. Some pages would take a long time to load. The z-wave network controlled by the controller rules was very slow e.g. PIR detect -> turn light on could take 8 seconds.

By the way I am using the new quad core Pi - so I have plenty of processor power. Indeed looking at the cpu usage it rarely gets near 20%, but somehow the whole thing runs very slowly. I have tried disabling some of the rules - no help.
I have tried looking at the log file - but I am not really sure what I am looking at - nothing shows any form of errors anyway.

I have 16 devices.
The Expert UI works fine - there are a couple of devices that don't complete their interview: Fibaro Binary sensor (I have 2), wont complete on AlarmSensor (x2); and Philio-PAN dual switch wont complete on Version. Nothing I can do about these devices - could that be part of the problem?

I would really appreciate some help here. I have been struggling with this for 6 months. In the earlier days rc18 it worked OK (there were always issues). Since I upgraded to the new UI, I completely re-configured my network. And now, I can't log in.

Thanks
ronie

Post by ronie »

Hi timb,

could you please post the profile part of your old config.json?
If you still getting error 'Unable to load data' also a screen shot of the UI and the browsers console would be helpful.

Which modules/apps are running simultaneously on your HA?

I know you've been struggling with latest release candidate versions but maybe an update to new release v.2.0.1 will help.

Btw in v.2.0.1 you could still enter ExpertUI via http://MYRASP:8083/expert after login
timb

Post by timb »

Hi Ronie
Thanks for responding.

Here's a few facts....
1. the EXPERTUI worked in all versions, albetit a little unresponsive.
2. I had edited the password in config.json to be "admin" - but it already was "admin" - still, I saved it just in case
3. I upgraded to v.2.0.1, I could not get that past the login screen no matter what I did. This time it said "The page at ip:8083 says: User not found. Please check your login or password." I have tried copying old versions of config.json. I can't get past this screen.
4. In the end I blew that version of z-wave-server away and restored the rc34 backup - now I can't get that working either.

Am I missing something fundamental here? Before I copy these files I stop, then start the z-wave-server. Is the /opt/z-wave-server directory the only one I have to recover when I roll back to a prior version -are there other directories/files I need to restore?

Right now I am at the point of re-building the whole of the Raspian Pi OS and completely starting again. That will be the third time!

I have quite a lot in my config file - will I be able to salvage any of it again?

Finally you asked for what was in the profiles section of my config.json file, here is an example:
"profiles": [{
"id": 1,
"sid": "sua14334552991",
"role": 1,
"login": "admin",
"password": "admin",
"name": "Administrator",
"last_login": null,
"lang": "en",
"color": "#dddddd",
"default_ui": 1,
"dashboard": ["ZWayVDev_zway_20-1-48-1",