Z-Way v2.0.1 is out!

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
PoltoS

Z-Way v2.0.1 is out!

Post by PoltoS »

Dear valued Z-Way users!

We are proud to announce that Z-Way v2.0.1 is out! We were not able to fix everything in this world, but we don't stop here, next version will come later this summer.

How to upgrade? What's new?
  • New Home Automation UI is now very user friendly and ready for mobile screens.
  • Authentication added
  • Many stability and security fixes
Full change log is available here.

NB!
  • This new version breaks fully compatibility with older mobile apps (both Android and iOS). We will fix it very soon. Note that you can use web version on your mobile - it looks very nice.
  • If you used HTTP API from third party applications and you don't want to use authentication (you trust your local network), you need to add Anonymous user and provide access to devices you want to control from this third party app.
  • Z-Wave API as well as other URLs handled by modules are not authenticated yet.
Whats next?
  • Update mobile apps
  • Add authentication to Z-Wave API and all other URLs handled by modules.
  • Allow easy user modules installation
  • Fix bugs you will report
With this new release we have made a huge lap toward usability to make Home Automation really easy in DIY format.

We believe our users to submit many features requests and bug reports in upcoming months. Our goal for upcoming months is to improve quality of Z-Way controller. To do so we will try to handle all reports with care. Please help us to provide bug reports and feature requests in a detailed and easy to understand way. This will help us to make a better product for you!

Issues are to be reported on our github trackers:
jim_meyer

Re: Z-Way v2.0.1 is out!

Post by jim_meyer »

Is z-way-ha still part of this release? I cannot seem to access it after upgrading. I just get a 404 error.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Apologize, it was deprecated. Please use /smarthome URL (or just /) you will be surprised by the new UI
yves273

Post by yves273 »

Bonjour,

Sorry about my English.
After some problems with sd card I reconfigure today my raspberry.
I installed this new version this evening without problem and I reboot
IP:8083 give zwave smart home interface with login
login admin and password admin is refused  "Unable to load data"
I don't remember exactly when I install it the first time.
IP:8084 is ok
thank you for your next answer.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

@yves273, if you are upgrading, your old config.json file is remained. Open it and look for admin username - may be the passowrd is still old
yves273

Post by yves273 »

@poltos
thanks you
I have a file configjson-xxxxxx.json in /opt/z-way-server/automation/storage
is it the good config.json?
yves273

Post by yves273 »

The Z-Way HA User Manual say:
At the moment it supports Google Chrome, Firefox and Apple Safari only but no Microsoft Internet
Explorer.
I succeed the Smart Home login with admin and admin with safari
I go on.
Thank you
jsimon

Post by jsimon »

Two questions:

Are light scenes supposed to support a value of 0 on dimmers? I can't seem to create a light scene with a dimmer at 0, but I can do it using a value of 1.

Edit: I see the bug on Github now, nevermind about the light scene issue.

Can authentication be disabled? At the very least for Z-Wave API calls in future builds? I have software running against that API assuming it won't require authentication.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

The flag in Z-Wave Binding "Public API" will disable authentication for Z-Wave API. So, in future this will work for you
timb

Post by timb »

Just to say, I was having a lot of problems with rc43, especially with logging in - see other post...on rc43

I have since completely rebuilt my Pi from the ground up - new install of Raspian OS, and then install of v2.0.1.
I replaced config.json with the old version (one that gave me so much trouble before) and all seemed to work once I got it to recognise the devices. To do this I had to use EXPERT UI to re-interview my devices. The devices did not appear in the "Z wave Network" before that. EXPERT was ok, but I had real trouble Selecting Device Descriptions that had worked well before. Examples are: TZ68 - just couldn't find it on the list (still can't). Fibaro motion sensor - although in the list (twice), once selected it wouldn't stick.

Now pretty much seems good. No more screens locking up, things more responsive - which is great.
The only thing I am having trouble with is setting up period sensor logging. Sensor logging records changes when they occur (within the device thresholds), but not on a polled basis. Would like to get this fixed... any ideas?

Thanks
Tim