New 2.1.1 and 2.1.2-rc

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
rsebes

Re: New 2.1.1 and 2.1.2-rc

Post by rsebes »

islipfd19 wrote:Your config file must have gotten corrupted at some point or never was saved appropriately when the z-way service stopped. That had happened to me on an older release.
Yep, thanks for that message. It made me think about killing the service and trying to revert.

For others, here's what u did.

$ sudo service z-way-server stop

Then I manually renamed the proper backup folder to z-way-server and the bad install to something else and started back up the service with start instead of stop.

Boom, fixed it.
Plainsane

Post by Plainsane »

pz1 wrote:Can you please describe your system? Most notably: which device types do you use, and how many
I might be way off base here, but the main concern would be proper support of each device class? I thought everything needed to work with the device is obtained with a proper interview?
Sorry, I'm still new to zwave so I could be way off base...
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Plainsane wrote:
pz1 wrote:Can you please describe your system? Most notably: which device types do you use, and how many
I might be way off base here, but the main concern would be proper support of each device class? I thought everything needed to work with the device is obtained with a proper interview?
Sorry, I'm still new to zwave so I could be way off base...
I was just curious about the system components that user thaui uses. I do agree on focussing on device classes, but there seem to be as many Z-Wave standards interpretations as there are manufacturers. So if someone states her/his system is rock solid, I am curious about the system components.
jensmoes

Post by jensmoes »

Slightly late to the party here but I am feeling the same pain with Razberry. It clearly is not ready for any level of consumer exposure and is all but a fun tinkering platform for nerds like us.
I have had some success linking it to a smartthings hub as a secondary controller. That way I get the, absolutely required for consumer use, nice and easy app access to all essential functions and I can still tinker with the device configurations using the expert UI in ZWay. It is by no means optimal though :)