2.2.1-rc6 login problem

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
pz1

2.2.1-rc6 login problem

Post by pz1 »

Just upgrade to rc6.
Unfortunately I can't log in (Raspi B). At start-up the system does show the login screen for a very short while, and disappears before I can take any action. As a result I am not logged in, and have no access to asmin functions.

Anyone else having this problem?

update: Problem did not occur on Raspi2 test rig
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
pierre2302

Re: 2.2.1-rc6 login problem

Post by pierre2302 »

I have a Raspi 2

same problem, impossible to identify with chrome and firefox !! :lol: :roll:

With Internet Explorer I can become identified. But I have the error Unable to load data
" Raspi 2 (RaZberry) / Raspi B (Razberry) " With OpenRemote Free 2.2.0_TTS-Email-Serial and Z-Way
pz1

Post by pz1 »

For the short term there is a temporary work around. I hope there will soon be a new rc.
You have to remove the user of type anonymous. That is a rather tricky operation since you have manually edit /opt/z-way-server/automation/storage/config*.json

This is the instruction I received from the developers

"Could you please acces to your pi via winSCP and check the config*.json file?

/opt/z-way-server/automation/storage/config*.json

Make a backup of that file and open the original one from the server.

Maybe you need to stop z-way-server first:

$ sudo /etc/init.d/z-way-server stop

and also change the owner of this file to overwrite/store it:

$ sudo chown pi:pi /opt/z-way-server/automation/storage/config*.json

Please check if there is an 'anonymous' user with id ='4' in 'profiles' - if yes, delete this user, save your config*.json and restart the z-way-server:
Please check the Syntax (JSONLint) cause a broken config will break the server start.

$ sudo /etc/init.d/z-way-server start

Try to login again.

Be very careful with this operation
. For Windows users I do advise the Notepad++ editor. Their JSTool plugin is very useful and has a fast graphical JSON-viewer.
pierre2302

Post by pierre2302 »

Indeed it is the anonymous user that is the problem.

In the file /opt/z-way-server/automation/storage/config*.json, there was no marked 'anonymous' user with id ='4' .

On the other hand there was

{"id":2,"role":4,"login":"local","password":"local","name":"Local User",....

I modified by putting

{"id":2,"role":3,"login":"local","password":"local","name":"Local User",.....

and that works.

Thank you
" Raspi 2 (RaZberry) / Raspi B (Razberry) " With OpenRemote Free 2.2.0_TTS-Email-Serial and Z-Way
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Yes it has to be users of type anonymous, not necessarily name anonymous. I stressed that in the recipe by aplying bold face.

As a side note: The removal of anonymous user made that OpenRemoteHelpers do no longer work for me. So I added an anonymous user again.The affected test machine does not need regular admin care.
Emilp

Post by Emilp »

I managed to delete the anonymous user from the Zway Control app for Iphone and it started working right away.
Thanks for the tip!
pierre2302

Post by pierre2302 »

Yes it is a problem for OpenRemote. It's really painful not to be able to use the module openremotehelpers and administer Zway.

I do not understand how he manages to zwave.me for one version to another, we evolve we regress.
This program is more and more disappointing. It is constantly necessary tinkering to make work something that worked in previous versions.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Core problem is Issue #299 (: