Migrate from Razberry to ZME_UZB1

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
Isaksson

Migrate from Razberry to ZME_UZB1

Post by Isaksson »

Hello.
I like the Razberry but two times now the sd card has get corrupted and it takes almost halv a day to get back on track even with a backup.
Its time to move this to a windows environment with ssd disks in raid set and and a good backup solution on block level.

So is it possible to migrate from a Razberry to a ZME_UZB1 with the license ZME_ZWAYLIC1.

Or do i have to handle this as a new installation? will it be possible to restore some functions with a "restore" in zway?

And by the way, will the Windows version still be developed in the same speed as the other platforms?
pz1

Re: Migrate from Razberry to ZME_UZB1

Post by pz1 »

I am still waiting for https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/zwave-smarthome/issues/91 to be solved. And yes, sd corruption is still a major issue for me. I recently added a small UPS to my system in the hope for more power stability, and added "ramdisk" for writing logs to reduce hammerind the SD particularly at startup of ZWay (My Synology DS212+ syslog server could not cope with the high data rates)
Isaksson

Post by Isaksson »

I am also using a UPS but I have not added a RAM-Disk but it sounds like a solution for some of the corruption issues.
Nice to know that there is more people out there that is planning to migrate.

Do you know if its possible to restore the topology, or do you have to reinclude all the devices to the UZB1 controller?
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Isaksson wrote:Do you know if its possible to restore the topology, or do you have to reinclude all the devices to the UZB1 controller?
If I understood PoltoS correctly it should be such that:
  • If you keep the same Zwave controller, you only need to restore with Smarthome the backup .zab file (e.g. z-way-backup-1454962830820.zab)
  • If you want to copy your devices to another ZWave controller, you need to restore with ExperUI the backup .zbk file (e.g. z-way-backup-2016-01-28-09-40.zbk )
I was able with v2.2.1-rc4 to restore the RaZberry configuration (.zbk) to my UZB1 as reported in the github issue. For that I did check the Also restore network topology information box

The restore .zab did not work. It is very unfortunate that this is taking so long. Also discussion seems to be hampered by language barriers. This lack of proper backup/restore is dragging on for 3+ years