Peak value readings from sensors

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
alphons

Peak value readings from sensors

Post by alphons »

I get crazy peak readings from all my sensors now and then. (Extrem high or extrem low.)
Is there anything I can do avoiding this?

This becomes a problem when logging the values and plotting them in a graph, because of the scaling of the y-axes.
alphons

Re: Peak value readings from sensors

Post by alphons »

Temp sensor 2
Temp sensor 2
Temp2.JPG (37.08 KiB) Viewed 5948 times
Temp sensor 1
Temp sensor 1
temp1.JPG (36.02 KiB) Viewed 5948 times
pz1

Post by pz1 »

There seem to be some outliers, but based on my experience with Fibaro temp sensor I wouldn't call your readings "extreme" ;)

This second graph of you has a somewhat wider spike in the middle. Is that the result of one single datapoint which is streched by the graphing technique, or were there several outlying datapoints?
alphons

Post by alphons »

The examples was not the most extreme. I have to reset the log all the time to get readable graphs.
I have attached two graphs today that show extreme spikes.

This one showes live power reading. Like you can see the spike makes a problem.
Power readings
Power readings
Power.JPG (35.87 KiB) Viewed 5769 times
This one shows reading from one of the same temperature sensors that I attached in my last post.
Temp 3
Temp 3
Temp3.JPG (31 KiB) Viewed 5769 times

The stretched peak you mentioned is one singel point. The graph is stretched because of few readings in that period.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Then it looks as if it is the same problem I experience (I no solution and no clue what have caused it)
What brand/type of device do you use? Mine are two Fibaro Universal Sensors (which are pretty useless for detecting a fire alarm)
alphons

Post by alphons »

I have Aeotec multisensors and aeotec home energy meter.

But could I be sure that it is the sensors and not the razberry mixing up or registering false readings?
My latest installed sensor which is located outside, doesn`t seem to be affected, and I can't remember the energy meter making bad readings before upgradeing to v2.2.1.

I have now excluded and included one of the sensors on a new ID, to see if that could help.

Of course it can be external elements affecting the readings or the transfer of the reading failing, but I suppose there is some kind of checksum verifying the values transfered in the z-wave protocol?