v2.2.2 is out

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
marco

Re: v2.2.2 is out

Post by marco »

Orlando your question is not so easy. Since the beginning each release had to be improved and every time there was an update I can state that same update had different behaviours on different system. V2.2.2 has been catastrophic for my personal system but on another system of ours it seems to work good...like in the new sd card that I installed this morning. On my personal system probably the best relase has been the v2.2.1: no problem at first installation; no problem with devices managing; useful new apps. I had fun working on it. Anyway also this release had common problems: it suddenly lose devices and sometimes someone comeback to life again, not always it complete interviews, it do not have a totally predictable behaviour. What to say...I think guys are working hard and I would like to do more to speed up the upgrading process to reach as soon as possible a reliable release on a reliable hardware.
About production environment, well, I actully don't know. I'm trying to manage few systems together but, maintenance requests are killing the possibility to install new ones. If a z-wave security system fail, believe me, you will wake up during night to look at the cameras to be sure everithing is safe...if you have also a TVCC system installed...if not, you'll probably spend all nigth long sleepless...
Marco
Plainsane

Post by Plainsane »

Oh man, let's see, condition switch, presence state,
These required base module which was not there. I didn't install it, so I created the problem for myself.
Plainsane

Post by Plainsane »

marco wrote:@ronie: I never had the possibility to log in with V2.2.2 release (attached the erroe message). I always have problem with range with different devices: tried also to hack pcb board with an external antenna... not so good improvements in responses. Anyway, after the installation of the new release I only noticed fallowing strange line: “Bash: line 425: systemctl: command not found”.
I always have log real time opened with $tail -f... Just performed a new attempt for you and here fallowing I report part of the log
[2016-04-18 06:51:36.037] [E] [zway] SaveData will not save data since it wasn't loaded. This is to prevent data loss.
[2016-04-18 06:51:36.088] [core] Notification: critical (z-wave): Cannot start Z-Wave binding: Error: Bad data - communication failed
[2016-04-18 06:51:36.095] [core] Loading module Cron from modules/Cron
[2016-04-18 06:51:36.097] [core] Executing script: /*** Cron ZAutomation module ************************************************** ...
[2016-04-18 06:51:36.107] [core] Instantiating module 2 from class Cron
[2016-04-18 06:51:36.110] [core] --- Starting module System Clock (CRON)
[2016-04-18 06:51:36.129] [core] Loading module BaseModule from userModules/BaseModule
[2016-04-18 06:51:36.135] [core] Executing script: /*** BaseModule Z-Way HA module ******************************************* ...
[2016-04-18 06:51:36.142] [core] Instantiating module 60 from class BaseModule
[2016-04-18 06:51:36.145] [core] --- Starting module Base Module
[2016-04-18 06:51:45.630] [core] [BaseModule-60] Init callbacks
[2016-04-18 06:51:45.666] [E] [core] result: Error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'meta' of undefined
at AutomationController.<anonymous> (automation/classes/AutomationController.js:737:30)
at Array.forEach (native)
at AutomationController.instantiateModules (automation/classes/AutomationController.js:736:25)
at AutomationController.start (automation/classes/AutomationController.js:198:10)
at automation/main.js:102:16
[2016-04-18 06:51:46.080] [I] [core] Restarting Z-Wave binding

As you can see, something similar to Plainsane
For now, I'm coming back to V2.2.2-rc5
Marco

Your problem is exactly my problem.

If you crack open /opt/z-way-server/automation/classes/AutomationController.js
and add
console.log('***************************************Loading mod ' + mod);
To line 737
You will see which module it is trying to load.
From there I just grepped for that module name in the user modules directory and deleted those directories.

Code: Select all

grep -r 'BaseModule' userModules/*
rm -rf Presadance
marco

Post by marco »

Good morning All,
This early morning, reading from Plainsane, I’ve decided to follow its suggestion. Then I’ve putted on my old SD card to check for old AutomationController.js … et voilà! Everything is gone ok all alone!!!!. All devices are at their position, all my previous app are working again, also the Vision shock Sensor installed with the other SD card is present and working.
Over 29836 log lines between 5:09 and 5:57, here following reported errors

[2016-04-20 05:09:22.228] [E] [zway] Error returned from zway_fc_zme_freq_change(zway, 0xFF, NULL, NULL, NULL): Function class not supported by the hardware (-4)

[2016-04-20 05:09:24.249] [core] Notification: error (core): Cannot instantiate module: ZWave: TypeError: Cannot read property 'data' of undefined

[2016-04-20 05:09:24.266] [core] TypeError: Cannot read property 'data' of undefined
at automation/modules/SwitchControlGenerator/index.js:128:43
at AutomationController.zwayReg (automation/modules/SwitchControlGenerator/index.js:203:15)
at AutomationController.EventEmitter.emit (automation/lib/eventemitter2.js:317:33)
at ZWave.init (automation/modules/ZWave/index.js:106:18)
at AutomationController.instantiateModule (automation/classes/AutomationController.js:390:22)
at AutomationController.<anonymous> (automation/classes/AutomationController.js:492:18)
at AutomationController.loadModule (automation/classes/AutomationController.js:491:8)
at AutomationController.<anonymous> (automation/classes/AutomationController.js:657:14)

some of this
[2016-04-20 05:15:50.305] [E] [zway] Packet CC::MULTI_CHANNEL_CMD_ENCAP_V2 is too short: required at least 5 bytes, got 3
[2016-04-20 05:15:50.306] [E] [zway] Error returned from _zway_cc_call_handler(zway, command, controller->id, 0, data[4], &data[5]): Wrong packet from Z-Wave network or Discovery got bad data (stick communication failed) (-9)
[2016-04-20 05:15:50.315] [core] [SecurityZone-61] Timeout alarm

Dears, I’m so confused. Now it’s running V2.2.2-rc5 and I’ll wait for fixes before change again.
Marco
Lowlander61

Post by Lowlander61 »

I begon a complete reinstall of my raspberry-pi and I got everything back to work. BUT now I have login problems. Most of the times it works fine on my raspberry, but remote logins gives "data" problems. Login has to be done many times, before it is successful.
bjoern812

Post by bjoern812 »

Hello,

I just want to say, that my problem including new devices since updated to v2.2.2, doesn't have to do with
the software. The problem just sits in front of the monitor. :D
After going the RTFM way, I was able to include my new Aeon Labs Multisensor 6.
Nevertheless, the Zipato RGBW blub makes still problems and doesn't include, but that's an other story and
has nothing to do with the software.

Thank you for your time.
Bjoern.
orlando

Post by orlando »

bjoern812 wrote:Hello,

I just want to say, that my problem including new devices since updated to v2.2.2, doesn't have to do with
Nevertheless, the Zipato RGBW blub makes still problems and doesn't include, but that's an other story and

Thank you for your time.
Bjoern.

No man, this is not a sits in front of monitor problem. I can recite from memory the Multisensor 6 manual. Also I sell this devices every day. Simply before 2.2.2 version does not work as expected. With 2.2.1 all its ok!

The Razberry / UZB detect the device without problem! the real problem is z-way cannot finish the interview...! some times end at 33%... 70% or 87% and please exclude and include again.. and again and again... the z-way need more time to interview? I don't know...
equathza

Post by equathza »

Thank you for your time.
Bjoern.
I own one of these Zipato RGBW bulbs, the manual claims a gently tap (upwards) will turn the light on green to be ready for inclusion. I've found it needs a firm slam which can be problematic in some stationary mounts
Perhaps you're being to gentle? ;)
-> A fellow Z-way user running a network of 50+ devices
Plainsane

Post by Plainsane »

orlando wrote:

Thank you for your time.
Bjoern.

No man, this is not a sits in front of monitor problem. I can recite from memory the Multisensor 6 manual. Also I sell this devices every day. Simply before 2.2.2 version does not work as expected. With 2.2.1 all its ok!

The Razberry / UZB detect the device without problem! the real problem is z-way cannot finish the interview...! some times end at 33%... 70% or 87% and please exclude and include again.. and again and again... the z-way need more time to interview? I don't know...
Once the interview fails, can you go,into the expert ui and select the device under configuration and run each failed interview step manually? I have to do that for every device I add
orlando

Post by orlando »

Plainsane wrote:
orlando wrote:

Thank you for your time.
Bjoern.

Once the interview fails, can you go,into the expert ui and select the device under configuration and run each failed interview step manually? I have to do that for every device I add

Could be possible. Then I can't sell this with the "smarthome ui", just with the "expert ui" to prevent angry clients