z-Way Server stops working

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
PoltoS

Re: z-Way Server stops working

Post by PoltoS »

Can you give us a hint on what kind of stress test allows you to clear Z-Way crash? We would like to reproduce them
brianaker

Post by brianaker »

The z-way server is crashing +1 times a day. In almost every instance the log shows that some sort of CC security event has just occurred.

I posted another message asking about what we should expect to see in the XML file for descriptions, I am wondering if the server not seeing itself as being secure is part of the problem.
brianaker

Post by brianaker »

I am seeing a lot of these errors:
[2017-07-16 17:54:15.099] [W] [zway] Node 174:0 CC Security: can not decrypt packet due to nonce lookup problem

Rebooting (powering off) and rejoining the device to the network does not help. I am finding devices do not really want to join the network securely for that matter.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We need more log above those lines. In general this means the Nonce was not valid anymore at the time of the answer.
timohan

Post by timohan »

Stress test is simple - as I have explained before:

My system is pretty simple:
I have two z-wave aeotec multisensor 6. They are configured to send data in every 10 seconds from their sensors to z-way server.
+
I have additional process that queries every 30 seconds from z-way-server by using these from IP: 127.0.0.1:8083

const char *baseSidQuery = "curl --connect-timeout 10 --max-time 600 -d '{\"password\":\"%s\",\"login\":\"%s\",\"rememberme\":false}' -H \"Content-Type: application/json;charset=utf-8\" -H \"Accept: application/json, text/plain, */*\" -X POST %s/ZAutomation/api/v1/login";
-> get session id and use it on ZWAYSession with these queries:
const char *baseDevicesQuery = "curl --connect-timeout 10 --max-time 600 -X GET -H \"Content-Type: application/json;charset=utf-8\" -H \"Accept: application/json, text/plain, */*\" -H \"ZWAYSession: %s\" -H \"Cookie: ZWAYSession=%s\" %s/ZAutomation/api/v1/devices";
const char *allDevicesQuery = "curl --connect-timeout 10 --max-time 600 -X GET -H \"Content-Type: application/json;charset=utf-8\" -H \"Accept: application/json, text/plain, */*\" -H \"ZWAYSession: %s\" -H \"Cookie: ZWAYSession=%s\" %s/ZWaveAPI/Run/devices";
->

Alternative way (as I remember this works as well):
- just set aeotec multisensor 6 sensors send data in every 10 seconds.
- open a browser to z-way-server (ip address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8083)
- on browser - go to z-way-servers sensor's information page, I don't remember the url, but the page that shows all sensors and their latest values.
- keep browser open several days, should z-way server should eventually crash.
-> if you don't have browser open all a time, then z-way-server didn't crash.
----
at the moment, now homegenie is doing good job, 29 days uptime, no crash, CPU usage low, all performance looks good for my wall clock that gets two "aeotec multisensor 6" sensor data from homegenie.