What updates log?

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
codefox

Re: What updates log?

Post by codefox »

I'll give that a try and see what happens. What I'm using is the GE Plugin Switch which, after I posted that, I did some more digging and found this:

http://razberry.z-wave.me/index.php?id=29

So it's quite possible (probable?) that it is in fact my switch. For the purpose of what I'm doing, I can set up the polling app but I suspect that won't scale well when I introduce more devices. I'm setting up a complex event processor using Drools Fusion and I want to get all of the events from all of the devices on my network eventually.

I never really expected any of the hardware to not report their status changes but at least now that I know that it can happen, I'll be able to avoid it.

I'm also going to go back to MQTT I think in the long run because I'm concerned that the UDP connection is brittle as the receiver has to be set up before the script can connect. If my camel route ever goes down then I'll have to restart the script as well.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

I agree on MQTT, and it seems that OpenRemote is going to support that. Right now I only have a mediocre UDP Listener, and a few lines of Drools 5.1 to get the data into the OR sensors.
So I am curious after your experiments.
PS: Are you aware that full version of Jessie comes with node-red pre-installed? Nice for experimenting!
codefox

Post by codefox »

Node-RED is definitely really cool. I'm trying to stick with the Red Hat stack since I'm familiar with the technology (and I've been a Red Hatter for over 9 years...) but I'll definitely be playing with other projects that are out there where it makes sense!