Reset z-way login/pwd

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
smas

Reset z-way login/pwd

Post by smas »

Hi,

I am struggling with my Razberry installation, and I don't know what I did wrong.

I am using a RPI3, with Raspbian Jessie-Lite (all up-to-date).

After first installation (wget -q -O - razberry.z-wave.me/install/v2.0.0-rc1 | sudo bash), the z-way server was there (on MY_IP:8083) but was displaying an error pop-up like 'unable to load data'. Once this pop-up closed, I could browse some of the z-way pages, and as it was my first connexion I was logged to z-way. I thus set my id/password/email, but ...

I unfortunately logged out from z-way, and now, my id/password do not allow me to connect, and the `forgot my password`function tells me that my email is unknown.

Do you know how I can retrieve a fresh new id ? Is there a way to reset full installation ?

Thanks in advance,
Stéphane
PoltoS

Re: Reset z-way login/pwd

Post by PoltoS »

First I would suggest to install latest version and not 2.0.0-rc1 - it is outdated by few years.

Second, logins/passwords are stored in automation/storage/config.json...... (long name)
smas

Post by smas »

Hi and thank you for your reply.

After several unworking install tests, I finally handled to remove z-way then to reinstal its last version(v2.3.0).
I did :
wget -q -O - razberry.z-wave.me/install | sudo bash
sudo reboot

The MY_IP::8083/smarthome does redirect to MY_IP::8083/smarthome/#/?logout and shows me the first login page:

---
Welcome to Your Smart Home 77750
- login : admin
- insert new password
- Retype password to confirm
- email
---

I thought I was there ! ... filled with my password 2 times, then with my email, then clicked on "submit".
But a pop-up appears saying:

---
SMART HOME UI - ERROR
Unable to update data
---

Any idea of what's wrong ?

Thanks,
Stéphane
smas

Post by smas »

Wow, it finally works ...
May be because I did update openzwave dependencies on my domotic system (jeedom), maybe because I rebooted several times the RPI3 (at first reboot the "unable to update data" only came when trying to display a second page in the z-way site, at second reboot I end-up being able to browse the full site) ... may be because I have turned off the 220V-24V power transformer I had just mounted cloded to my 2 z-wave devices ... so many test at a time ... strange.

I am happy because it works, and suddenly my 2 z-wave devices also work ... but I worry that it would happen again :(

Could someone confirm me that z-way is only a tool to browse the z-wave network, and is not required to have my RPI/Razberry connect to my z-wave devices ?

Thanks
smas

Post by smas »

Spoke too quick, MY_IP:8083 is down ... what a nightmare, sorry to share it !
rakesh456

Post by rakesh456 »

Hello, everyone.
To reset your Z-way login/password, follow the instructions given below.

Stop Z-Way, open storage/config.json-xxxxxx, find password field for admin, out some text in it (new password) and delete in the same profile, "salt": "xxxxxx"

Save the file and start Z-Way.
Cheers, you have reset your login or password.

Thank you.