External Antenna on Razberry 2

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
froggy

External Antenna on Razberry 2

Post by froggy »

Hi,

I decided to install an external antenna on my Razberry. I have one of the elements in my garden and I had problems to connect with it. I followed the instructions to solder an u.fl connector and break of the PCB antenna. I connected an external antenna dedicated for Z-wave. At this moment I lost connection to all of the devices. I tried to re-solder the connector, finally I even soldered a simple wire as a pig tail antenna, but nothing works. I have the new version of Razberry, with a different layout than on all the manuals provided for it. I found a close up picture of the board, and now I see where there can be an issue. On the picture below you can see part of the board with the pads for u.fl connector, hole to solder the pigtail antenna and part of the PCB antenna. On my board there is a resistor soldered to the pads marked "A". I assume this connects the PCB antenna. But there is nothing soldered to the pads "B". Should I move there this resistor?
micky1500

Re: External Antenna on Razberry 2

Post by micky1500 »

Already answered before!
look at Ronie's description.
https://forum.z-wave.me/viewtopic.php?f ... it=antenna
Raspi 4 - (Buster - 32 Bit) Zwave Version 4.1.1, Raz 7 Pro, Serial API Version: 07.38
froggy

Re: External Antenna on Razberry 2

Post by froggy »

Would be nice to have an updated manual for this version of the board. I spent a few days trying to figure this out.