Updating firmware for Aeotec Multisensor 6 from RaZberry

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
tridy

Updating firmware for Aeotec Multisensor 6 from RaZberry

Post by tridy »

Hi.
I was wondering if there is a way of updating the hardware for Aeotec Multisensor 6 from RaZberry.
When i navigate to the device, it has the ability to use the file and push it, however this is a hec file that is not accepted.
Aeotec has the page showing how to update firmware via HomeSeer, or with their Z-Stick but I use RaZberry.

So, will it work if I just rename the hec file to hex and upgrade the firmware via RaZberry or something like this? Or do they have their proprietary format for upgrading the firmware?

Thanks!
tridy

Re: Updating firmware for Aeotec Multisensor 6 from RaZberry

Post by tridy »

Got a reply from Aeotec support; they said it is not possible.
Unfortunately, this is not possible, files with the extension hec are specially coded for Homeseer and cannot be compatible with other hubs.

We do not issue ota or hex fies for our devices. I ask for your understanding. Please use our update tool together with a Z-Wave USB stick.

Best regards
xxxx xxxx
Field Application Engineer
Aeotec
Well, I do not feel like buying Z-Wave USB Stick just to upgrade the firmware the devices.
This is something I did no research before buying the device - a lesson for the next time.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We are discussing with Aeotec about making some sort of "zec" for us. May be it will work.
phoenixmage

Post by phoenixmage »

Hi @PaltoS,

Did anything ever happen with this?

At the moment I have to remove my Aeotec node from my RazBerry and re-pair is with an old Aeotec Z-Stick S2 (I replaced with RazBerry), upgrade the firmware, remote from the Z-Stick, the re-pair to Z-Stick.

Cheers
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We are workings in a new storage for firmwares. Hope Aeotec will store their firmwares there
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Btw, you can add Z-Stick as secondary controller and do upgrades without excluding devices from RaZberry
mango

Post by mango »

PoltoS wrote:
25 Aug 2020 22:49
Btw, you can add Z-Stick as secondary controller and do upgrades without excluding devices from RaZberry
Can you provide instructions on how to add Aeotec Z-wave stick as secondary controller?
mango

Post by mango »

mango wrote:
20 May 2022 11:10
PoltoS wrote:
25 Aug 2020 22:49
Can you provide instructions on how to add Aeotec Z-wave stick as secondary controller?
All good worked it out. Needed to download Zensys tool from Aeotec, then change device to 'learning mode', then 'include' into Z-way as per normal. (In case anybody else was looking for answers)