Looking around and finding resources that will get me started with Cod Devices and from what I have gathered are these:
- Technical reference manual stated several APIs and perhaps im lacking fundamental understanding how these are written now days.
- As I understand its the vDev with JS API Im supposed to get started with?
- https://gist.github.com/integrii/021f272f2cad0540fc3c : These got me started to find there is several ways to access the different APIs
- https://zwayhomeautomation.docs.apiary. ... ?console=1 : here i found a newer description of the next one below.
- https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/home-autom ... ual-device : this dates back to 2013 though the reference manual seems to suggest that little has happened and should then be the same?
- Is it only the methods that are stated in various documents that are allowed? Can I alter a Code Device in a arbitary way such as metrics, types and how to update them? As I understand its both the JS and vDev/ZAutomation API that can do this? Is there a how-to I have missed somewere?
- I have started to test postman with http://my.secret.zwave.network:8083/ZAu ... v1/devices and I found the Code Device(s) listed there in a JSON format.
- As I understood from reading the forum, sensors are read-only, correct? Is there a way to get a custom code device to set the metrics, type and level to get a custom sensor with arbitary data to be updated? If so, am I in the correct path for doing this with vDev and the JS API?
Thanks to any readers and quite a junior on JS development and thanks for your patiance