Unable to pair Thermoflor Heatit Z-TRM3

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
chris-mac

Unable to pair Thermoflor Heatit Z-TRM3

Post by chris-mac »

Hi,

Some time ago I bought RaZberry board for my PI 4. It works great, except I have a problem I would like some help with.

I have a couple Thermoflor Heatit Z-TRM3 which were paired with the controller. Due to SD card failure in the PI I had to perform RaZberry board factory reset without excluding Z-TRM3 first.

Now I have also factory reset all Z-TRM3 devices and I am unable to include them again. After 30-40 sec. Z-TRM3 screen shows "Err" and it fails to pair. Also trying to Exclude them doesn't work either.

Would you know what is the best way to troubleshoot and fix this issue?

Regards,
Chris
Ole

Re: Unable to pair Thermoflor Heatit Z-TRM3

Post by Ole »

Hi Chris, did you manage to solve your issu? I have the same problem.
Brand new Heatit z-trm3, razberry board and Home Assistant.

Best regards
Ole
chris-mac

Post by chris-mac »

Hi Ole,

Unfortunately not. My "solution" was to use different RaZberry board. I have two RaZberry boards, one in the basement and the other on the top floor. Once I swapped the boards, so the inclusion was happening between Z-TRM3 and RaZberry board never used before together it worked just fine. So seems like despite doing "factory reset" something stays over either in Z-TRM3 and/or RaZberry board which makes it impossible to include/exclude again :(

Best regards,
Chris
TineTurk

Post by TineTurk »

Hi guys, I have Z-TRM3 and this device is not on the list of supported devices? How did you manage to pair it with Razberry?
bjartea

Post by bjartea »

I had the same problem when I had to set up my Pi unvoluntarely from scratch. Eventually I took the power from the Z-TRM3 for 30 seconds before powering it up again. Then I was able to include it successfully.
chris-mac

Post by chris-mac »

I can confirm taking power off Z-TRM3 for 30 seconds and resetting units twice solved my problem too. So seems like the issue is actually on the Z-TRM3 side and sometimes "Factory Reset" doesn't actual reset everything on the first go, and one needs to power off / reset again.